'Double cross' The next gran fondo Sept 2, 2012 - Kurth Kiln

This frustrates me, first date was on my only holiday for the year. 2nd is on one of the few 4x4 club days I attend.

Enjoy!

Can I use my Cycling Australia licence or do I have to buy a MTBA temporary licence for this event?

Afraid this is a MTBA event therefore you will have to purchase a Day Licence with your entry. You can do this all through entry zone: The Double Cross : ENTRY ZONE, Easy online entry for MTB Races

All prep’ed up and ready to go! After helping out at the You Yangs Yowie mountain bike event at the weekend we’ve got event-buzz and looking forward to the battle of the bikes this Sunday!

Any questions feel free to put them up here - or send us a message via twitter.com/bighillevents or Big Hill Events

Thanks for a soul destroying course Alen. Time to give up the partying and booze and get into shape for the Bootcamp!

Great summary, soul destroying explains my experience effectively. Alan I was cursing you when I thought I had less than 5km to go, then turn the corner, started climbing AGAIN and saw the 5km sign!

Think it’s time I create a “Big Hill Events” user account - don’t need personal attacks! Ha - was the signage wrong? Did we have two “Distance to go 5k” signs at different points?

Thanks all for a great day out - few hicups including our sweep vehicle getting stuck in a ditch (pulled out by a Parks Vic bulldozer) but all riders seemed to have a smile on their face when they got back to the event village.

Photos are being processed now and will be posted on our facebook page.

Survey will be sent out to rider email addresses shortly.

I had 65km in my mind, so when my Garmin hit 60 I thought great 5km to go! Then 3k later the sign came up. Not a huge gap, but I was done around 50 km.