Dury Duty

this.

Oh yeah? What’s the difference between a flat white and a cafe latte?

Hmmmm. Nah, hard G I reckon.

+1.

way more boGan.

Holy shot that’s heavy, bet everyone thought that dude was guilty as sin.
Sidenote/ should go see the hunt, dude gets wrongly accused of molesting. Good flick.

My gf is a Family court lawyer. There are some sick fucks out there, that’s for sure.

Ah well, wasn’t selected, so it was just a break from work. They had plenty of panelists to choose from. I got called in to a county court trial with about 40 others. First one was a guy accused of fiddling with his younger sisters in 1972. They had a second ballot inside the court room and I wasn’t picked. Glad I missed that one.

Then in the afternoon I was called in to the Supreme court, again with 40 others, for the trial of Matwali Chaouk. He’s charged with 1 count of attempted murder and 2 of endangering life against Sabet Haddara and a couple of others.

The judge was predicting a 3 week trial so I’m glad I missed that one. And I’m not required again, just one day and that was it.

Best part was trying to predict who would be “Challenged”, ie drawn from the ballot and sent back while walking to the jury box. i got pretty good at that. I figured that the defence wanted a similar age and gender to the accused. In both cases, there were these self-assured, confident 30 year old women striding to jury box and they were challenged and sent back. They clearly didn’t want anyone who looked like they might not empathise with violent men.