early 80s aero AX build. yolo swag.

^ Oh yeah, that thing is the business.

yours aint too shabby mate =D

back to ash’s frame, the only thing that irks me is the over the BB cable guides, guess not much you can do due to the shifter location

cable outer is so not aero

over-bb guides keep the cables cleaner too (my theory and i’m sticking with it)

Damn son! So Im guessing you found some that didn’t cost you a liver.

only half of one.

jeebus, i wouldnt hold it against ya if this turned out to be a wall hanger.

for the most part it definitely will be.
i have 6 road bikes, all of them more recent, more reliable and definitely better riding than this will be. this is for the pure fun of sourcing/building.

Thrill of the hunt; build some art. Sounds good to me!

And me.

This is looking very good !!!

so, i got my frame back aaaaageeeesss ago. paint was awesome (thanks Jarrod!!!) frame is not so awesome. The frame had cracked at the BB and been repaired and the second set of bottle bosses were pretty dodgy/stupid. which doesn’t sit well with my level of anal retentiveness. i plan on keeping the frame and riding it not with DA AX bits because it’s still cool, just not wall hanger worthy.

I actually won the exact frame again off ebay out of singapore/thailand in apparently unmolested condition…but well that never turned up. ebay.de however turned up a gem this morning so i should be able to get this project rolling again soon!

^ That was a rollercoaster of emotions!

Who’s Jarrod? I have a frame that may need painting.

soon.

dear lord! :cool:

had decals made up from the originals. 99.49% perfect which is pretty dang good for replicating a low volume 35 year old bikes decals.

shit photo at way too low an fstop. but its dark and my hands shake and the stickers are cool regardless.

almost there. not sold on the tape, need a crown race and an aero headset cover that isn’t split in two.

Dang diddly.