Eating canberra

^ Soju Girl ++++. Totally forgot about it, and I’m actually looking a bit of a special place to take the wifey for her birthday, so thanks for the reminder. I’ll see if we can get into SG, and will check out Temporada too.

temporada = season
de temporada = seasonal, in season as in ‘son tomates de temporada = these tomatoes are in season’
There’s a couple more meanings I forgot

Ezy, I been waiting so many moons for an invite to your place!

Southeside has plenty, incl red rocks gorge, strombolio, curtin bookshop, tharwa (melbourne, for that matter), etc!

But wow, the above listing of things happening in canberra is exciting, and i think next weekend K and I will be having some anniversary time away from home… could be a tour of some of the above.

Speaking of the Curtin Bookshop - we had dinner at the place directly opposite the other week. So good! It serves Nepalise cuisine. The goat was amazing!

The Hungry Buddha- Nepalese food with a genuine and friendly hospitality.

So with a combo of the bookshop, Red Brick Espresso and Hungy Buddha - Curtin is not a bad place!

Crazy idea on a Friday arvo:

Should we do a “best of eating canberra” ride, meet somewhere for breaky/coffee, ride a few hours, possibly grabbing baked treats on the way, then settle down for lunch someplace? Is that too inshane?

Not insane at all. Sounds perfect.

^ Nice idea. But what of those of us who work on Friday morning/arvo? Needs a pub stop somewhere.

Haha, the idea was born on a Friday arvo. Pretty sure JP is thinking a Saturday or Sunday?

Whoops - Looks like I’m getting another ‘Oratiohhh comprehension fail’ award :wink:

If you are down along the Kingston Foreshore looking for coffee 38 espresso is well worth a look, interesting and tasty singles changing week by week.

This would be cool.

I still haven’t met Mansolwota, Luke and some other Canberrans.

Pick a date?

Yeh, this could replace the ‘fridge to fridge’ that never happened.

I’d be down for that

Throw some dates around people!

Yeah, I got nothin… I am super busy and travelling a bit through april and may. Happy to revisit the idea in June if it hasnt already happened without me :slight_smile: June also means cosying up together with warming whiskies and log fires, so could be greater.

For me, best after Easter.

I am pretty much good now for once. 1 more wedding in April though.

Wish I saw this thread before last weekend, as my wife and I flew to Canberra to see the Inca exhibition at the National Gallery.

We walked from the hotel to the CBD after catching a taxi from the airport. Wandered around and made the mistake of eating dinner at Jamie’s Italian - expensive, small serve and the spinach in the Cannelloni was gritty. Coffee at Koko Black next door was adequate whilst waiting for our table at Jamie’s.

Walking back to the hotel we stopped by the Cupping room and enjoyed an espresso each and shared a passionfruit mousse. Both of which were quite nice.

Breakfast the next morning was at the Mocan & Green Grout. Got in nice and early so enjoyed a long breakfast - both of us ordered the seared haloumi, poached eggs, cavolo nero and lemon and a couple of coffees each. Can recommend!

Lunch was at the National Gallery of Australia cafe. They definitely hold a monopoly due to little available in the area. Very average coffee and food for the price!

I served you at Cupping Room! I’m glad you enjoyed it and followed through with Mocan the next morning - hope your next visit to Canberra is met with better food venues!

So last friday I went down to Kingston Foreshore to check out the Rum Bar. Cocktails were underwhelming and served in the tackiest glassware they could find. The whole Kingston foreshore area at the moment is lacking in a bit of soul - mainly due to it being a new part of town. I would liken it to docklands in Melbourne I guess. All of the restaurants seem very cookie cutter when walking past. It may take a few years to make or break that area. I know that there are a few coffee joints down there, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to that area in the near future.

Small world! Really enjoyed the coffee blend you used and will be back next time in town.