EOI: Perth -> Melbourne at the end of the year.

And yes, total win for living in Esperance. Jumping off the rocks at Twilight beach had to be one of my highlights for that trip. (also Cape Le Grand is freaking gorgeous, good fishing there too)

Don’t mind people riding with me, but I’m doing the ride self supported, so you gotta be prepared to camp on the side of the road, eat cold baked beans, and shit in the bush :smiley:

The good part is, I’ll be riding like a turtle, 15-20km/h so anyone could keep up :stuck_out_tongue:

when in may are you starting??

i might do down south with ya

I am so keen for some more fixed touring.

Perth>Melbourne not so much. A good thing to say to have accomplished but boring as bat shit.

There is already talk of Cairns to Brisbane late in 2010. IMHO way more exciting then Perth>Melbourne. A shitload of KM’s to cover, but at least you can stay on the coast and go through heaps of beach and country towns etc.

Perth to Albany via the coast route would be awesome. Esperance is an incredible place if you haven’t been there, but that’s an extra 480km. I used to be driven to Esperance every year for my entire childhood, cool place but the drive alone was a killer.

Starting ~mid May, so by the time I reach Eyre highway it will be June, just in time to make use of prevailing tail winds. (and freezing cold weather once I make it to tasmania and fly over to new zealand… shit)

@Bigs, definitely right on that one, Busselton down to Augusta, inland to Bridgetown then down to Walpole, Denmark, Albany. Very scenic rides with gentle rolling hills. Awesome part of WA.

Albany to Esperance wasn’t too exciting, but the destination made it all worthwhile.

some charity is doing the Sydney to Perth trip right now.

http://twitter.com/MacroForMicro

Will start my ride to Brisbane tomorrow.

all the best mate. are you planning on posting updates along the way?

go strong friend.

dude!!! fucking awesome… if only you had given me a week’s notice i would toatally do the first day if not the first 2 with you, as i have thurs off but have to work tomorrow

all the best man make sure you update your blog once your going if you get the chance too, keen for this story!

cheers guys. sorry for the lack of notice, i was really supposed to leave 2-3 weeks ago, but I’ve been sick which has been frustrating, just spoke to the doctor the other day who gave me the “well, there’s nothing stopping you but I wouldn’t recommend it”… sooooooo time is running short and I’m just gona go. hopefully I don’t fall sick and die on the road.

I have no idea how often I’ll get internet access, so updates will be sporadic. I’m using this nifty device which lets my family know my location once a day. So I’m getting my brother to tweet distances and location each day:

twitter.com/prawza

apart from that there’s my blog which shows all my preparation (gearwise) for the trip and I will soon publish a CGOAB journal which I’ll be starting up soon… I’ll do my best to keep regular updates.
but like I said, little internet access = little updates :frowning:

www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/AcrossAus

^^ Journal which will hopefully get updated here and there…

I got excluded from Uni at your age: wish I’d done what you’re doing instead of sitting on my arse…

Good luck mate. The trip looks bloody great.

I’ve been reading your trip blog. Very cool…

Just rolled into Adelaide. The Journal is a mess atm, but I hope to update it fully within the next few days.

Can someone fill me in on when and where Adelaide Folk play polo? :slight_smile:

glad you made it mate, was starting to worry something had gone very wrong when the journal hadn’t been updated in a while. very happy to read about 20 pages worth last night :slight_smile:

really enjoying it, hope you are too!

congrats on making it to adelaide

rolly

Good work prawza!
Your blog is a great read, looks like an awesome trip so far

Congrats mate! Incredible effort. HAs JLT not ZLTN got a hold of Prawza?

Taking my time towards Melburn. At Mt Gambier atm and will be staying at Torquay with my Sister and brother in law to watch the last week of the TDF. Reckon I’ll be in Melb in ~2 weeks so I’m looking for someones front lawn to sleep on… im pretty self sustainable :slight_smile:

prawza! awesome stuff mate! ride safe and look forward to more of your blog!

=)