ESCAPE FROM THE SUBURBS - Sunday, April 18th

maybe if i took the train!! i’m thinkin more like 90… :expressionless:

but i’m still keen :smiley:

iphone strapped to bars…?

someone we know used their garmin during the last roobaix. i was sucking his wheel and could hear it giving him directions. cracked me up.

It wasn’t a Garmin, it was the GPS on ‘someones’ phone. Garmin would be useless antway, it takes ages to calculate a route in the city and even longer to recalculate if you divert.

There’s only ONE good way in depending on where the checkpoint is (although I did seriously consider Northern Ring Rd/Cheddar Rd at one stage).

not this direction.

think hills.

ok I’m in.

we knew you would be.

ghetto-disc?

Chazkitect, well known for designing glorious suburbia as shown below will have a clear advantage. Only he knows the location of the secret tunnels.

I take offence to that.

I know which way I’m going and it isn’t Northern Ring rd/Cheddar but if you look at it on the map it isn’t too bad. Less hills and hardly any traffic lights for the first half.

you can always get the train back if you get tired…

I know 'dem hills like the back on my hand. Watch out for the Diamo Boyz.

:wink:

I am going to win.

that makes two of us . . . I’ll let you take out the fixed prize.

I don’t think I’ve ever been to Hursty, but I do here they have an amazing Australian skip hop scene out there :roll:

Sounds like a deal.

This sounds awesome.

Only problem is Mrs Beaker is due to give birth to Junior Beaker the day beforehand.

So either Junior Beaker arrives early, and I’ll have my hands full, or the little tacker will still be cooking, in which case me rolling through the northern hills whilst Mum-to-be stays home twiddling her thumbs might not go down so well.

bias b represent?

It’s all good out in Hursty.

i’ve heard that sometimes in road racing a bunch of guys get together, roll turns and work their arses off and are able to beat their more fancied opponents.

five people working together can go a lot faster than one…

Weapon of choice:

Probably roll the 303’s though due to the hills.

Or I might get pissed the night before and not turn up . . . :expressionless:

anyone need a domestique? will work for beer.