Euro Trip - Cycling related recommendations?

So the missus and I are planning a euro trip for ~1 month over September/October.
Does anyone have any info on any cycling related things we can do/see in and around Italy/France/Switzerland?

Things are are looking for are Factory Tours, Museums, any stores worth visiting and if possible hiring some bikes and riding a famous routes over a day (ie Stelvio, alpe d’huez etc)

Here are some museums I have come across so far:

France:
Plongez dans l\'univers du vélo, avec le musée du vélo Michel GREZAUD de Tournus.
Bienvenue sur la page de spader : Histoire du vélo, vitesse, cyclisme

Italy:
The Historical Bicycle Museum
Untitled Document

Happy to hear any recommendations & stories

Cheers.

In regards to hiring bikes -Definitely possible in Bourg D’Oisans (base of Alpe d’Huez) and Bedoin (base of Mont Ventoux).

If you can get a bike and ride some of the col’s, you won’t be disappointed. Spent a month in the French Alps last year just for riding and had an amazing time! Link in my signature is the blog of my trip.

Theres a lot of Aussie ex pat’s living and training in leysin in switzerland,
I have a friend that loves it there.

So many places, so much to do and see but I would highly recommend the Dordogne region = bike riding heaven.
dordogne - Google Maps

the black forest in germany, near swiss/french border was awesome if you like forest and european ‘wilderness’ and good beer. . .

ITALIAN CYCLING JOURNAL: Madonna del Ghisallo Cycling Museum

Thanks for all the recommendations so far!
Has anyone tried getting factory tours? I’m not sure if we are better off trying the big brands like Bianchi or the smaller ones like Ciocc.