Ezy in town this week... not for long though.

I am going to be in town this Wednesday evening till Thursday afternoon.

Just a quick work trip to scope out an event at the Convention Centre later this year. I will be staying fairly close by and will be looking for somewhere to eat + drink on wednesday. I will be with my boss so I doubt I will be able to get away with leaving him on his own.

So can anyone recommend a good bar close by? Somewhere to eat as well?

THAAAAANKS.

Paging boyracer.

are food/drinks on the company card?

They would be - but I don’t hold the card.

Oh yeah, beers, beers, beers - no Fat Yak brah.

Haha, NO… NO… NO…

You staying in the city? Since I’m ‘between contracts’ I’m around all the time.

I thought there was only one pub in Adelaide?

Haven’t locked in a place yet - But I would say it would be within walking distance to the convention centre. I just don’t want to organise a meet up and then not be able to attend due to the amount of work to be done in a small amount of time.

Usually avoid anything North Terrace or Hindley but if you walk south there are some decents.
Fancy + Expensive = Leigh Street and surrounds.
Cheapish + pizza = The Duke
Suits = The Union
Pubbie = The Metro (farthest)
or somewhere quieter with good food, my place of part time employ The Franklin Hotel.

(or catch a tram to the Wheaty and grab some food across the street)

Pretty much what Alibi said. East end of the city has more pubs and food as well.

If you go that way, avoid the Stag (and possibly the Austral).

Sweet - so best beers and options for eats in the surrounds sounds like the Wheaty? Looks pretty easy to get to from the Convention Centre at least.

I just want to avoid having to drink coopers (sorry guys).

Pretty sure The Strathmore has Tooheys on tap, you’ll be sweet.

Only if it’s Tooheys Red.

There’s only a pizza place near the Wheaty (The Deli), and they do have a menu at the bar for another pizza place that deliver to the pub.

Well fuck… I dunno then. Do you guys have McDonalds?

Don’t get me wrong, they’re good pizzas.

But seriously, the Metro does good beers and it’s right near Gouger Street which has a bunch of restaurants on it.

If you come A-Town and don’t go to the Wheaty your status as beer snob will be revoked :wink:

Disregard this - I am not even in town for 24 hours.

DEPART CBR 1755
ARRIVE ADL 1915

Meeting time 1945

DEPART ADL 0640
ARRIVE CBR 0950

two people flying interstate for a meeting? seems economically prudent.