FAQ: How do I get into track racing?

thanks Guys…

well i was going to ask this question

i got to melb yesterday, ive wanted to give riding in the drome a shot but in perth the only one is out in midvale and not having a licence inhibits me from visiting it muchly

so im living in west melb right on the border of north melb at the moment and am wondering where i should be going or how i should be going about doing this?

i would love to join a group or club or such, but at the moment the plan is to fly back to perth at the end of feb and i dont know if i want to do a year membership thing or how its done anyway

but i think sunday at disc and this web adress will be the answer www.brunswickcyclingclub.com, thanks guys

Does attending DISC give immediate access to For Sale ? :roll:

next session isnt for 3 weeks coz of the world champs

so its probly quicker just to get your post count up

good try though

you can go down to the outdoor track at 5 on a monday arvo too.

see here:

http://brunswickcyclingclub.com/training/monday-evening-track/

brendan with this do we ride our own bikes or use club bikes?

as my highest gear setting at the mo is around 75 gear inches and i’m riding a 27" rode converstion

either one is good. if you need a club bike, however, you should let them know you’re coming. there are also limited options when it comes to size / gearing.

blackburns session are well worth it and usually alot of fun!!

true. blackburn rule.

After going to the world cup meet last night i’m also now keen on the track!
The madison was awesome!

madison training at brunswick tonight at 7.

you can’t do it, but watching normal blokes give it a go is kinda fun.

so you are saying that team handsome are ‘normal’?

suddenly im scared for humankind…

no. we don’t do madison training. we are always so far off the back we don’t have to worry about changing in traffic.

whoops wrong thread sorry

oh honey, i think you’re looking for missed connections…

Have many people been down to Blackburn?

yes.

So Sime rocks up tonight, first time on an indoor timber track, rolls around in the warmup and then races E grade and blows the field away in the scratch race. Not to rest on his laurels, he gets pipped at the post in the motorpace for second and then wins the points to wrap up the night.

We also had further forum representation from Romain, Coffee and the People’s Choice, all putting in solid performances.

I cant speak for Romain’s body art, but it would seem that ‘hero stickers’ do make you faster… :smiley:

where can i find out about the velodrome in the northern suburbs of melbourne?
do i need to know someone in particular to ride it?
do i just rock up?
or are there designated riding times?