fear my L33T skilz bitches!

today marks a very special day.
for the first time EVER, every bike i own is in perfect running order.
there are 8 bikes here and i could walk out and ride any one of them.
i’m so proud of myself.
to put it into perspective for you, on thursday i realised that the forks on my yellow work fixie looked like they were covered in wax. it was raining and there was a very good possibility that the carbon was delaminating and about to kill me. that night i went home and had a look at my collection to get something to ride for friday.
i didn’t have a single bike suitable for work. they were all in pieces, or broken, or needed parts, or something. in order to get something to ride for work i had to build up a bike from scratch using bits from everything else.
so last nite i got out all the parts and sorted everything out. all the frames, wheels, rims, bars, forks, headsets, cranks, chainrings, chains, levers, brakes, tubes, tyres, bar tape, pedals, hubs,stems, seatposts, seats, even bottle cages and seat bags. everything.
then i laid it all out on the patio and started to work out what would go with what, and which frame would get what parts. made bike piles for each.
today i finally got round to building everything, and putting everything back together.
W00T! i rock…
final tally is:
1x redline 9.2.5 fixie. ultegra cranks/ miche primato- mavic cpx wheels and random stuff(mine)
1x unknown yellow fixie dura ace cranks/formula wheels and random gear(mine)
1x shogun katana fixie sugino cranks/miche-mavic cpx wheels assorted spares (brookes)
1x unknown cool nervex lugged red work fixie 600 cranks/ dura ace-open pro wheels nice vintage stuff(mine)
1x giant trance 2 MTB duallie based on XT(mine)
1x giant trance 3 MTB duallie based on SRAM X.7(brookes)
1x giant CRX2 flat bar roadie based on Ultegra(brookes)
1x Kojima flat bar roadie based on whatever shit i had laying round(mine)

giving us 4 fixed, 2 MTB, 2 roadie type. no actual road bikes tho.
next project is possibly a carbon norco road bike built on ultegra. maybe. if i can find the parts. or maybe the dream fixie. look full carbon frame and fork, new dura ace everything. shiney shiney…
i think i’ll take a load of photos over the next week and post them up.

so are you coming to the swap meet? (heh)

Nice one TK.

I know that feeling…and I also know that feeling of ‘how come I’ve got all these bikes and none of them are roadworthy???’

oh and I’m pretty sure bitches should be spelt bitchez.

I hope these are all allowed to live in the house!

First thing that came to mind.