Film Thread

Really looking forward to seeing that one. Quite like how (in the trailers at least) the explosions and stuff are silent. makes it even more terrifying.

^^i don’t think i’ve seen (m)any…my memory of that kind of thing sucks.

^i read the first scene is like 3-4minutes of a single shot with speed-lady floating through space during the explosions and shit. gonna do 3d imax i reckon. eat popcorn…the works.

Went against the tide of folks seeing Gravity and caught The East on Monday night. Tight little thriller about eco-terrorism, recommended.

I saw this recently in LA while waiting for a plane, it was the best of a bad bunch to choose from.

Watched a stack of movies over the last few weeks.
Highlights:
Evil Dead remake (if only for the chainsaw to the face)
Man of Steel
The Heat
Dredd (Personally I think this is the best comic book adaption ever made)

Lowlights
Star Trek into Darkness
The Internship (I had such high hopes for this)
The Hangover 3

Stanley Kubrick got it right

Watched Silver Linings Playbook the other night, was actually pretty good.

Also watched The Dictator, had its moments and some witty observations, but do Sacha’s movies all kind of hang off the same joke? (Eg; racial stereotypes.)

Possibly the worst film of all time.

Also saw Killing Season, think it comes out over here in a few weeks.
Worth watching for Travoltas terrible Serbian accent and to see him take an arrow through the cheeks.

yeah, the whole cheek scene was pretty crazy.
just watched this.
had some good moments.
Monsters University
Monsters University Final Trailer - YouTube

Watched Gravity: is good.

Caught a little bit of At the Movies with Margaret and David last night, talking about Metallica Into The Never. Was kinda funny listening to Margaret talk about how she liked old Metallica back when they were heavy and grungy, followed by stunned/bemused silence from David.

Boy.
Boy New Official Trailer - YouTube
Amazing. recommend

David was more of a Slayer fan.

Hyped for this!

//youtu.be/6CXRBjc8O0w

After I saw the Metallica doco, I wanted to kill Hetfield and Ulrich… I still do.

Can’t find a video of it, but it’s worth reading the transcript I reckon (gotta do it in their voices though!)

MARGARET: But it’s almost like Metallica is overproduced now. I liked them back then, when they were raw and grungy.

DAVID: You like raw and grungy, don’t you?

MARGARET: With my heavy metal music I do, yes.

DAVID: Amazing. Anyway.

MARGARET: You’re speechless, are you?

DAVID: Yes, I’m speechless.

Ha.

Filth - Official Full Trailer - YouTube

Can’t wait to see this, Heard it’s a better Welsh adaption than Trainspotting

//youtu.be/BO1WwOQowlg

i dont understand this movie, to me it sucked. But to the rest of the cinema they were yelling and clapping and loving it.