Film Thread

There’s a bunch of threads for various things (videogames, architecture, music) but none for film!

Some things I’ve watched in the last week:

Jui kuen (1978)

Jackie Chan looked so young!

Jui kuen II (1994)

… and then so old.

Dao (1995)

I haven’t seen any weapons-based martial arts films for a while. This film was slightly surreal and hyperviolent.

Fisshu sutôrî (2009)

Very fun film, nicely woven together.

American Gigolo 1980- saw this on DVD on the weekend. Surprisingly good!

The Concert and Prince of Persia were both rad.

I watched Jurassic Park twice over the weekend. I forgot how good it was. Velociraptors know how to open doors!!

So does whatshisname pull off this alpha-male role?

Quite well. While i was mainly distracted by the hot babe whatsherface, Jake got my attention from time to time.

Ong-Bak 1
Ong-Bak 2
and soon to be Ong-Bak 3

Tony Jaa is a freak

I’ve only ever found a shitty rip of Ong-Bak 2, did you get it on DVD?

I recently watched ‘the creature from the black lagoon’. Freaked me out a bit, but heaps good.

I watched ‘A Serious Man’ on the weekend, not a bad film.
A Serious Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The good the bad and the ugly, anniversary edition, 2 hours 56 mins of spaghetti western glory!

Can someone call me when this thread involves Tarkovsky, Kubrick & Pasolini

… or just re-title the thread “entertainment for those without discerning tastes” :stuck_out_tongue:

Snap.

Favourite Kubrick film Spirito?

I watched an episode of six feet under where they mentioned ‘A clockwork orange’ and ‘Eyes wide shut’. Sorry, best I could do…

I’d like to say all of them … but if I had to watch only one every week till I die it’d be 2001 A Space Odyssey. That’s to me is perhaps the most religious film of all time, or to put it better, perhaps defines the concept of God and mortality in such a profound and remarkable way that it becomes palatable and endearing.

And I’ve only ever watched it straight (not high).

I watched it a while ago, but Up the Yangtze was a real eye-opener. Highly recommended.

Center Cinema in Canberra closed in 2003. The penultimate film shown there was a 70mm print of 2001 and included the interval. There’s no point in me watching it at home after that experience.

I watched Ôdishon (1999) a few weeks ago, not being able to remember if I had or hadn’t seen it in the past. Right before the final scene I realised I had and quickly turned it off so as not to upset the gf. A shame, I really like some of Miike’s stuff (eg Rainy Dog) but the gore is sometimes a bit too much for others to bear.

I watched ‘The Grudge’ the other day. I hate scary movies +++

It was crap!

i am hanging out to watch ‘human centipede’

it sounds so disgusting yet hilarious at the same time

Meh, 40 Year Old Virgin FTW!!!