First Fixie

ftfy

True, can’t find any nice fixies in sydney all over my budget.

There’s gotta be some kind of pro to outweigh the cons in Perth…

$150 is a small budget. How long has your search been?

A good week now. I was looking at MTB before found a few giants MTB for $100-150 second hand. But I’m mostly going to be riding in the city but soon I’m going to head down to the Royal National Park for a week with the fixie if I find one in time.

+1 on the Cell. Nothing better for $200, and way better than anything you’ll get for $150.

Can we get this advice as part of the forum registration so every newbie doesn’t ask the same question and get the same answer every week?

You won’t get any nice bike for $150, except from you local junkie.

Fitting would be the most you could ask for.

its really our fault for responding nicely, which im actually surprised about.

i miss all that ‘use the search FFS’ - good old FOA welcome.

Bikeme - use the search FFS. At least three people have asked a question like yours in the past fortnight.

Like that Jase?

So I think the summary reads: Get what you can and ride it regardless of what it looks like or is branded - or stretch your budget up to a Cell.

And use the search FFS!

ahh music to my ears, was afraid FOA was goin soft.

The Cell’s your best bet, or you could just wait it out on gumtree… nice bikes get put up for sale all the time (54cm is a common size too) and you might just be able to score a used Masi or Fuji Classic Track for $350 or so. Spend a little more than $150 and you’d get a bike that’s heaps better and actually has decent resale value.

1. Get $50
  2. Add to the $150 you already have
  3. ???
  4. Profit.

Buy a cell ffs.

Here is our fixie overlord:

I won a bike recently that is too small for me, I really can’t recommend riding a bike that doesn’t fit. You’ll definitely feel the difference.