First warning at a race.

I got my first warning today for turning up at a road race with my fixie.
It was a time trial race so l thought what the heck why not ride the surly, problem is l have no brakes on my bike.
Yes l do know the rules and l should of had at least a front brake but comon l live to stir the pot :evil:. ( plus l was hoping our marshel would not see my bike ) either way l set a pretty good time even though l had to stop for another rider and there was a strong head wind coming back. The fixie will make a comeback to racing with or without a brake, l will just have to hide her better.

The fixie will make a comeback to racing with or without a brake

+1.

Me and my mates rode our fixies in the Victorian Road Racing Championships last month. Only fixies there =D

You, my friend must have marginal intelligence. You were given a warning for a reason, take it on board.

This.

Riding a brakeless fixed gear in a road race designed for road bikes is DANGEROUS.

1. You can’t stop pedalling through corners and will more than likely ground a pedal and bring people down.

2. Without brakes you have a diminished capacity to alter your speed. Once again this is DANGEROUS in a road bunch.

3. Without a freewheel you cannot dictate at all the speed of your cadence and dare I say it, your stability on your bike when the pace is high.

As I said above, if you want to race road get a road bike. If you want to race your track bike take it to the velodrome.

/rant

@rooster: i especially like your homophobic / heterosexist sig. this thread has been good for you. you’ve proven that not only are you a moron, but also a bigoted moron! way to kill two birds with one stone!

I was a bit tame last night so I added a little bit of my true feelings to my above post.

Take it on board.

You, my friend must have marginal intelligence. You were given a warning for a reason, take it on board.

As I said above, if you want to race road get a road bike. If you want to race your track bike take it to the velodrome.

/rant

[/quote]
Unless your into recumbents…in which case your beyond saving…stay the hell away from me with that contraption

I think you get the general feeling.

My work here is done.

A fixed gear should be fine in a time trial though, shouldn’t it?

Wow what a reaction, who would have thought riding a fixie on the road could be so dangerous.

reading can sometimes be hard, so i’ll clarify: we’re talking about road racing, not road riding. road racing is marked by its close riding, where if anyone does something stupid, they will not only crash, but will likely bring others down with them. racing a fixie in a road race is doing something stupid. in this instance you are not only responsible for your own safety, but also the safety of others. be responsible.

comissaires here in melbourne wouldn’t have stood that shit for one second, and rightly so.

i wish i could get a warning at a race so i could post it on the internet

Correct but undwer the rules it must have 2 working brakes, you can’t ride it brakeles and the whole thing of “Leggs as brakes” won’t work on any Comm it must be 2 BRAKES.