Fixie DVD'S

i think the bonus sections in MASH are better than the main film… but then i think mike martin letting down the gold merc’s tyres is one of the highlights of the whole thing.

nickee, i dont think we will need help once it all comes together, we have been in contact( very slowly tho) with them since november last year…

and no offence but personally i think the no more premiers because of track licencing etc is a load of BS (in this case anyway), we were asking to have a screening since jan, while there were still many us/overseas premiers going on, up untill around march i think i was still seeing posters for maca premiers OS. seemed more like they just couldnt be bothered sending a copy to aus :roll:

that’s cool… well if you get a confirmation from them before me let me know. I’m happy to set up a melbourne screening.

the music deal is just what i was told, im not sure there has been an international premiere this year (LDN was last year) and i know that they shut down montreal and vancouver premieres. the music was definitely the kind of stuff that would require talking to major label lawyers, not just ringing up bros so it seemed very valid.

heck, im not sure they have even done a japan premiere yet, and thats more strange as they would have had strong encouragement to go over there - esp as a lot of them have had free tickets over there before.

i was getting the ‘hold on’ message from late last year so theres something happening behind the scenes, it may well be distraction/laziness.

we shall see…

Sounds like you do need some help then…

It makes perfect sense for them not to send one to you in Australia. They don’t know who you are. They’re not going to just send it across the world and then run the risk of you uploading it to the internet for everybody to see. They would need to come out here for the premier, like they did for the other o/s premiers. Imagine if you spent years of your life and every cent you owned on making a film and then some kid was like “hey send a copy to me in Australia we wanna see it”… would you send it? Not much in it for you…

Nik, on the other hand, who is friends with them… might have a shot.

LOL, :roll:

are you suggesting that Erik and GEARbrisbane would risk his reputation as a business owner by doing something like illegally uploading the video???

touche’

and im not too sure, maybe im waaaay off, but i would think that a premier in a different country would help rather than hinder sales/ fuss for the movie…

I’m not suggesting that… but i do know that after the Salt Lake City premiere (promoted/presented by a couple of local fixed-related businesses) there were burnt copies floating around thanks to some less than conscientious people involved.

I know MASH was heavily bootlegged in its pre-release form (i saw the 18min and the ~27min versions that way) after each BFF premiere. Anyone who was on bikeforums saw the number of torrents spring up after the DVDs were sent out.

But as Sam said, with distance also comes cost/trust issues. I’m not sure why the domestic premieres have continued while international have stopped. But they have…

I’m all for working together to get the film shown here… and like i said if you guys get access first, great! :slight_smile:

And if you get a copy to premiere, can you maybe send a copy my way…? :smiley:

I KID!

Isn’t it out now anyway?

Not out just yet… Not long though from all reports.

I kinda gave up on having a premiere after sending lots of emails and photo’s of possible venues where the film could be shown. Even the option of a quite large and hot new gallery wasn’t good enough apparently.
I’ll let you in Melbourne know when Colby gets back to me in the next weeks; maybe we could have the premiere at the same time which gives them more publicity here in Oz. But as said I’m not expecting it anymore.
I’ll do my own premiere with a downloaded copy in a couple of months then :stuck_out_tongue:

Well Macaframa is avaliable for pre-order on their site now.

I’m tempted to pre-order it, although I have no idea when the shipping date is.