FOA Spring Track Omnium

I hereby accept total responsibility for any damage to my person or property that may incur as a result of my participation in aforementioned event. I thus will be in attendance sporting the least stealthy bicycle and attire that I can find in my collection. Signed, BT

my thoughts exactly.

you should end your barbecue with a mass attempt at the hour record. see here: http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/t1080/

i wonder what the record is for a unicycle?

Ah you are too nice! But I’ve got some cash burning a hole in my pocket, and I’m thinking while some wheels for my car would be nice, a cheap off the shelf fixay might be ok too…

I almost tried this once when I had lots of spare time. Even borrowed some aero bars. I would really be down for it. People can peel off as they feel the pain and heckle the remaining riders.

I was only thinking the other day it was probably time for another go at this.

Gene, I can speak to a man with a massive bike mounted sound system for tunes if you’d like?

And people, get involved in this! Is going to be super rad, I might even ride fixed for this (SSCX 4 lyf)

now this i like! if people are keen we will run it

LP, Yes

All girls race?? Yes please.

The current UCI Hour world record is by Ondřej Sosenka, 49.700 km.

Brunswick track is 3 laps to the kilometre… that’s almost 150 laps.

i reckon with a few beers in him GZA is up for that. on his unicycle.

I’ll bring some band-aids* down in case someone scuffs their knee.

Gene - you get an ‘endorsed’ stamp for doing this. Talk to Jez about getting the HK tent down for some shade/cover as well.

* its likely they will have a cartoon character on them.

So much win in that thread.

I’m down for another go at the hour (not that my results will be anything to write home about)

P.S. i know a guy in adelaide who has a 36" unicycle with 2 speed internal gearing, apparently good for ~35 kph

i know, right? sweet, sweet nostalgia.

the GZA don’t need no gears on his unicycle. the GZA gonna beat you on the original fixie. one gear, one wheel, no messy chain to detract from the feel of the road.

where did we find this guy???

nick good idea on the tent and band-aids!

and yes we can organise an al girls scratch fo sho

hey GZA, get off your ass and make a facebook event for this!

worried about old david and phil seeing it if i do though??

I believe the HK tent is no longer, it was apparantly not packed down after rnd 3 and last I heard some guy asked Nath if he could take the steel out of it.

In for the event though, sounds like a blast

lol take the steel out of it for what? build a frame? hahah

nah, they’ll be right.

apparently this occurred 5 days after DDCX#3.

nath’s response was apparently a noncommittal shrug of the shoulders.

well, Aaron from All-City has been very helpful in getting a replacement sorted for my broken frame, but I highly doubt it will get here and get built in time for this. If any kind soul has a spare 60 or 61cm track bike they could loan me i’d be keen to race, otherwise I’ll just come and heckle.