Forum only for fixed gear? I brought my first single speed.

Yes. A corporate one. I’m fat and old.

Cheers. I’m going to be replacing them with a set of the Mash ones.

should probs address this issue before anything else.

Haha! nice work. Yep, thats a bullhorn on your vigorelli there.

Well, its great that you ended up with a CX bike, theyre pretty versatile and if you do end up meeting people from here, a lot of rides hit a bit of gravel and so on. Even just having a couple of pairs of tires (one narrow and slick for fast rides on the road, one wider and with thread for softer surfaces) makes the bike useable in most places.

Good on you for getting into it, chucking some pics up and introducing yourself without spending half your life making sure you have the “right” stuff.

Where to?

Bring = brought
Buy = bought

We’re more passionate about correct grammar and punctuation here than we are about fixies.

Ha. Helps that I don’t know what the ‘right’ stuff is and kinda why I’m here in the first place.

He brought it to FOA to seek our approval.

Plain to see. I was wondering when the first of your type would arrive on the scene.

Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
If it’s preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run, it is not called a bike race, it is called duathlon or a triathlon. Neither of which is a bike race. Also keep in mind that one should only swim in order to prevent drowning, and should only run if being chased. And even then, one should only run fast enough to prevent capture.

The Rules

Welcome aboard :slight_smile:

ahh Friday :slight_smile:

Thx. This actually made me smile.

Judging by your ‘whip’, I think you do. Otherwise it would have been a first up, cheap ass, road conversion like the rest of us.

Step 1: See an awesome looking fixie somewhere… probably on the internet.
Step 2: Buy a shitty old road bike and turn it into what you think looks like a sweet-as fixie, but make it a SS because fixed is stupid right?
Step 3: Ride it around until you’re riding next to a guy on an actual fixie and feel very self-conscious.
Step 4: Go home and make it fixed.
Step 5: Ride it around. FEEL AWESOME. Smirk at some guy riding past on an SS.
Step 6: Go find an Alleycat, ride in it. Replay all the songs from Mash in your head while doing so. FEEL MORE AWESOME.
Step 7: meet rad dudes after race.
Step 8: start casually riding with those rad dudes on the weekend, start drinking more coffee.
Step 9: start doing longer rides, buy some lycra to wear under jeans.
Step 10: discover Yarra boulevard
Step 11: start getting into bikes.
Step 12: find some rad looking retro jersey from the 80’s, wear it constantly.
Step 13: realise that shitty roadie from step 2 was actually quite a beautiful bike, and you ruined it.
Step 14: return roadie to previous glory, buy new track bike (‘it’s not a fixie, it’s a track bike’ you tell your friends)
Step 15: realise you can ride the roadie further.
Step 16: discover beach rd.
Step 17: buy some proper lycra, ‘but only for long rides on the roadie’
Step 18: discover Kinglake, tell everyone Beach rd is rubbish.
Step 19: buy a garmin.
Step 20: gradually start replacing that wicked rad retro 80’s kit with Rapha stuff.
Step 21: advise friends on how to make the best coffee taking into account varying situations and budgets.
Step 22: While looking through the garage for a rag to clean up your dirty post-race CX bike, notice that track bike collecting dust in the corner.
Step 23: Get back on the forum, read first post from some guy new to fixies.
Step 24: start writing a list….

Welcome. Good trolling, C+ but must try harder…

Holy shit Chaz, #doachaz or what?

That was good Chaz, but you left out jaffles.

step 25 needs to be ‘take artsy fucken photos of buildings n trees n feelings n shit’

And Step 4 (b) should be post it on Fixed Gear Gallery.

HEY. I do not take photos of feelings.

oh wow, I forgot that - does that still exist?!

You need a Tri bike. Sell the CX to me and I’ll even throw in some aero bars.