Freeway Bike Hike?

Would anyone be keen to get a crew together to take on the 60km leg? I’m not sure if a ride is usually organised for this event? Its on the 20th of March.

totally keen, i wanted to do it last year but got sick, i can probably get a few other fixed riders to join too.

and has anyone done this before and and what gear ratio?

I did it last year with some roadie guys, i was riding my single speed. Ratio of 46/16. Will be fixed this year for sure. Only saw two other singles in the last group to leave from Kwinana last year. Its a great ride, and would be awesome to have a massive crew of fixies smashing it up the freeway.

ill be keen…

I’m so down.

if anyone is still down for this ride, me and Godspear are definitely in. will advertise on bike jam also. it will be taken seriously!

im down

I’m interested. Dunno if my bandy little legs would make it!! What’s the pace like?? And terrain? I drive the kwinana a lot but if memory serves it’s a gradual ascent for miles and miles into town??

Count me in!

bros

There is an organised fixed ride this sunday 20th feb at 10am.
meet at frisk (105 francis street perth)

(pulled from facebook) it’s time for a daytime ride! at least 60 km’s. im leaving the route open to suggestion, so post maps or ideas and lets smash this out hard and fast, then head to polo for some cold ones!

Could use this as a good opportunity to get some 60k runs on the legs. Sometimes these rides have stop points to let the slowies catch up, i suggest we keep rolling regardless. important to get 60 without stopping in prep for the freeway mash.

Home | Freeway Bike Hike for more info on the actual event, its 20th march, sunday at around 7am

yo,

I’ve made a team that you can join

go here https://www.registernow.com.au/fbh/ to register.
make an account, then find the team

Death Before Derailleur

and join, pay your dougs, and your done!
you can add insurance for the day, add $5.50
also note if you are available to pick up your race pack on the day you can, otherwise add another $5 to get it mailed.

i will also be making a facebook event, thats probably the best way to organise this thing properly.

word.

I’m still seriously considering this. Will probs be on the ride on sun as well. Full moon tonight though for sure!

I think the big thing here is that the freeway run, whilst no stopping is gonna be pretty consistent- whereas our rides around here are stop start with traffic etc. See how we go!

Long Time Reader, First time Poster.

I am keen. I did the 30km leg last year with 44/16 and will be happy to do the 60km this year. Any ideas on the average speed you guys would look at doing it in (so I can choose a back cog)? I will register for the “Death Before Derailler” group and look forward to mashing with you all!

from the fb page

The ride will be fast, aiming for 35km/h at least. serious riders only.
I’m suggesting you run a gearing of around 80 gear inches or you’ll spin out too much to keep the pace.
44x14 = 84
46x15 = 80
48x16 = 79

Sounds good. Any idea on how many have signed up?

3 confirmed for the team so far
me, oscar and Zhi

search for

FreewayBikeHike FIXEDGEAR 2011

facebook event

Hey guys,

Training rides are going down. The plan so far is for a 30-40km ride on Thursday nights, 60km on monday nights.

Tomorrow night, meet at Frisk (Francis St, Northbridge) by 7pm.
Don’t bother showing up without Lights/helmet.

Hope to see a few of you there ready for some km’s!

Tomorrow night is no good for me but I will try and come along next Monday night for the 60km and to meet you all (with lights and helmet). Where abouts on Francis Street? what route to get the 60?

duh…whereabouts on Francis Street?, scratch that… I would say thats why you said meet at Frisk