Fuck Campy 2

Left hand thread for extraction of C record cranks WTF? Any one got one in Adelaide. I have rung corsa, internationals, mike turtur, glenelg, norwood parde, stupid idiots, north adelaide, treadly, Bio mechanics and had no sucess. don’t want to ride the cranks off because they are nos.

NOS Campagnolo C Record Left Hand Thread Crank Arm Removal Tool [CP] - $35.00 : Velo Mine, fixed gear track bike wheelsets campagnolo super record vintage bike

Cheers,

I ordered one last week from velo mine but it only got shipped yesterday. I have 2 weeks off starting tomorrow and want to ride my new bike :frowning: looks like the NOS C Record are not going to be NOS any more

Here you go:

NOS Campy C Record crank removal tool SAME DAY SHIPPING

Innovation that is!

Hahahaha

I dont get this, I have c record pista’s and used a regular extractor, I also have c record road and use a regular extractor.

Am i missing some thing?

Yes… the particular ones that are on my bike have a left hand thread requiring a left hand thread crank removal tool. I also do not have the self extracting bolts which can remove the cranks.

*Campagnolo’s C-Record, Croce d’Aune, and Victory crankarms use 22mm left-hand extractor threads on both left and right arms. These cranksets came from factory with 7mm self-extracting bolts installed, so the necessity of this tool is moot if the self-extracting bolts are present. If the bolts are not present, the TL-1170005 tool is necessary for removal.

‘The Headbadge’: Square Taper Crank Extractors for Vintage Roadbikes

Well played

Damn, sucks to be you.

Check with Boyracer, he’s got a Campy tool kit.

I’m building a bike soon running the latest Campagnolo Chorus groupset but as this is my first time working with Campy, I’m not sure if I have all of the tools. I have every tool for Shimano and Sram but not sure if they are all I need.

What new tools do I get to buy?

The cranks are Ultra-Torque so do I need a 14mm allen key?

Any tips or help is greatly appreciated

Well not every tool.

10mm Allen for the cranks. Torx drivers in T25 & T30.

These I have.

Will the British thread Campy BB most likely use the same tool as the Shimano Hollowtech BB?

Yep

11spd chain tool. Something that ‘peens’ the masterlink (ie pedros tutto).

Cheaper to buy a quick link?