Go the Wanderers !!!!

Soccer is funny, playing for my old team in Wellington - The Sunday Blazers - I have been involved in a crazy times considering it was supposed to be a social league. There was once an (almost) all-in brawl where a player from the other team ran onto the field with a fence board with protruding nails he had ripped off a fence.

We stoppped playing one team cos it was just to aggro for a sunday afternoons football.

Re: wanderers, Shinji Ono has been a big part of the team in my opinion, by far the best ‘marquee’ signing - not past his peak like the rest.

Quoted for awesome, heart warming story of great parenting!

Not all the way though … he was a dick in other areas but overall he taught me more good than bad (I think).
He does like to make fun of how much hair he has and I don’t … it’s pretty funny, he never tires of it.

Ha! thats the first thing I thought when seeing the above photo

Hence the pic … it’s the only one on his facebook page.

:frowning:

… but happy for the Mariners. I’m sure they’ll be very happy after coming close a few times before.

What irks me the most is all those 2nd/3rd generation ‘Greek/Hellenic’ boys barracking for Greece in the World Cup.

“Why are you barracking for Greece? You were born in Australia, your parents were born in Australia.”
“I’m Greek mate”