going fixed

updated new frame and fork, tried putting my front wheel on and the spacing is real tight should i take off the lock nuts? or is there a better way?
Thanks

steel fork? use your mighty strength to pull them wider when installing the wheel.

Well I put the wheel on but the dropouts on the fork legs dont sit flat against the wheel nuts. if that makes sense

As in the forks have had to spread a bit to accomodate the wheel and are now pointing out slightly at an angle away from the bike?

yeah slightly dodgy. I think it should be ok depending on how much of an angle there is. the bottom of the nuts should be the closest point of contact with the fork dropouts cos you spaced it wider rather than narrower so the wheel should stay in. I would tighten it as much as possible.

I have no problem with coldsetting the front forks as long as it is a reasonable amount.

Whether it is safe depends on

1. how much you need to open the forks
  2. type of fork material steel maybe. aluminium and carbon no
  3. fork construction lugged crown uni crown etc.

I don’t think any one could answer your question with out at least those bits of information

I personally would not be giving the thumb ups to the fork ends not being flush to the nuts.

full face

thanks for all the help as you guys have been saying the bottom of the forks is more than 5,6 mm away from the bolts, and ther is alot of pulling to get the wheel on, id say their steel and the crown is lugged.

hey guys fond the problem was the axel was too big so i drilled out the dropouts and built her up, rides well for now, ill wait and see how long it takes for the hub to strip.

Yeah with most older bicycles with 27" rims, the hubs axles are about 1-1.5mm smaller than the stars. File out the fork or the hub axle thread. either way works.