Gravel for Dummies: Sunday 23 October, Wiseman's to St Albans return.

Can I come with a bunch of people?

Do we all get to be honorary members of the Rapha Epic Gravel Club™?

Sure, but keep in mind the nature of the ride. Gonna be slow and fun.

Only if you ride the Olmo. And your mates are cool.

This is gonna be such a mad house party

If you are riding out, I might join you. I’m thinking of doing the ride out and back, or maybe bail home from st albans pub. eitherway will be 100km+

but i’m also non-committal so don’t take any of this seriously which means i’ll likely drive.

I’m considering getting a train from lewisham to windsor then riding from there if anyone else would keen on that idea.

Yeah I’d be keen on that! Not sure how to get there from Sydney by car either.
I’ve only ever come in from the coast via spencer.

Me 2. Count me in!

I’m in!

Might do the train trip to Windsor too. From memory that will make it a 150km round trip. Around 140km more than I’ve been riding lately. Good times!

In :slight_smile:

In.

Awesome, it’ll be a fun crew even if Harry shows up.

I can taste that tasty, tasty beer already…

That sounds like a challenge…

i just had a look at the route on google maps…looks like there’s some really steep hills…

There’s nothing really steep, and they’re all really short. Lillyfield road is twice as bad as anything on this ride.

ok cool…google maps must be shit then…

is anyone else doing this on fixed?

Not fixed but SS 47:18

I’m going to do my best to make this.
Am camping Saturday night at Pindar cave for a friends birthday and then will ride out Sunday morning, and then ride out at the end hopefully with Alex and any others continuing out to Windsor. Make it all part of my Hunt 1000 training.

sweet.

I’m considering hiring a mountain bike…but i’ll see how it goes…could be interesting on my skinny tyres.

Pending availability of some form of transport, I’ll be there.

you’ll be fine, just take a couple of spare tubes and run 15psi lower than normal.