Gravel for Dummies: Sunday 23 October, Wiseman's to St Albans return.

Keen as mustard. there might a be a few of us riding from the city

Sweet. If you ride out Old Northern Road, make sure you take Laughtondale Gully Road.

It’s technically closed due to a land slip, but I jumped the barriers and rode it a month or two back and it’s still fine for bikes. It adds a few km to the ride but is well worth it.

#lowtrailbadboiz

Jono, what time are we expected to get to that pub (which I am guessing is the random one on that straight road?

I have commitments around midday in St Clair so trying to work out riding time, or whether I bite the bullet and drive, or do my own thing?

nvm looks like you are riding to the settlers arms which is the wrong way to where I need to go… fuck ha

I’m pretty much 100% in so if anyone wants to hear me talk shit on low trail bikes this is your chance.

Can’t wait Harry.

Weather is looking nice for this. Mid- to high-teens, very tiny chance of a tiny amount of rain.

Rain is good? Skinny tyres are still the go?

The rain isn’t what’s good: it’s that the chance of rain is very low, and the amount would be very small even if it does rain.

And yeah, skinny tyres will still be fine (though fatter is better obvs). Can’t imagine this road ever turning into a mudfest without a few days of solid rain.

I’m even more keen now…managed to get a mountain bike for the day, so i have no excuse.

Henri is Tuco ???

I’m about a 50/50 chance of coming. If I come I’ll drive to wisemans and start from there.

ill be driving to wisemans too…bring that hell sweet Focus bike!

Haha if I’m driving I’ll bring the pake :slight_smile:

bike is in the car ready to go tomorrow morning. i’m now cooking a lamb roast, drinking tins and listening to tunes (at a low db level as kid is sleeping)

See you all tomoz.

Same here. Two kids seats out one bike with fenders in.

Thats gonna be a ripper.

Carb loading with a bolognese and some tooheys old for the trek from the city. Very keen!

#outtodazzle Come home man

rice, tune, avocado…lamingtons…

mountain bike vs fixie…game time decision…