Here's a riddle I think I understand, but it took me like ages to figure it out.

You saw a shirt for $97. You didn’t have the cash, so you borrowed $50 from your mom and $50 from your dad = $100. You bought the shirt, and had $3 change. You gave your dad $1 and your mom $1 and kept the other $1 for yourself. Now you owe your mum $49 and your dad $49. 49+49 = 98 + your $1 = 99. Where is the missing $1?

I think the riddle is just adding quantities and making you think it should equal a different quantity. It works fine though.

After you give them a dollar each, you owe them each $49. Total owing is $98.
You’ve presumably worked and earnt the $97 that the shirt cost. $97 + $1(that you kept for yourself) = $98.

The last line of the riddle SHOULD read: Now you owe your mum $49 and your dad $49. 49+49 = 98 - your $1 = 97 (the amount you have to make to pay for the shirt)

I thought you only bought $5 flannies Dylan.

The answer is 42.

Haha, as work clothes, yes. Otherwise I’m down to drop a few hundred $ on a singular item :wink:

I’ve just added 'Douglas Adams fan" to my ‘things I like about HMC’ list.

Who’s Douglas Adams?

Didn’t he write hitchhikers guide to the galaxy?

Oh wait, HMC may be joking.

who is Douglas Adams you ask?

You said that the answer was 42, 42 was the meaning of life in the Hitchikers guide to the galaxy, which Douglas Adams created. So Chazhutton assumed you liked Douglas Adams? I think.

Damn! I thought 42 was the answer to the universe.

I was hoping Chaz would take the bait…ah well.

great success!

I set myself up for falls fairly regularly buddy, you’ll get your chance soon enough. Just study the xBBx ‘school of Chaz pisstaking’.

i am interested in this newletter and would like to subscribe. i saw the ads on facebook!

is this why you want my fred perry shirt?

I think I’m a dummy.

Nah, I wanna be more like Ben.

Now all we need to do is figure out the question