Hillbrick track Wheels

looking at the Hillbrick track wheels, $350 for the wheelset with tires and 2 sprockets.

Has anyone tried them or know someone who has??

They are fixed/fixed aren’t they.

I’ve seen them on a number of hillbrick bikes, and they seem pretty robust, but I haven’t used them myself.

They are fixed/fixed aren’t they.

I’ve seen them on a number of hillbrick bikes, and they seem pretty robust, but I haven’t used them myself.[/quote]

Aren’t they Formula hubs? If so, very serviceable and affordable but it seems the locknuts are a bit fragile.

My Hillbrick came with Quando hubs…which are total crap compared to the Formula on my 2 fixed road bikes…However I(actually my Cheese and Kisses) bought the Hillbrick used, and they may have been downgraded???

formula are fixed/fixed, quando are pox/pox

why choose such a name for a company… makes me think “quando quando quando” haha.

Not always. I have a fixed/free formula.

Still no reply from Hillbrick on my questions, thanks for the feedback, i’ll check they’re not quando hubs.

Not always. I have a fixed/free formula.[/quote]

Keep reading my original comment for the joke.

Crashdummy…there is a secondhand set at the TRACK on Tue, all black. Will find out a price for you.

in defense of Quando cough cough hehehe… at least ONE dude likes them. I’m not sure who he is, but he has THE first street fixie i ever noticed… years and years ago. Does anyone know the guy with the orange and black kenevans with bullhorns locked to a tree every day opposite the aus on collins entrance on collins st? i’ve only seen the bike moving once, and i cant be sure but i think he was an oldish guy. anyway, he ran a quando rear for ages, not sure what it is now… that bike is still a benchmark of cool for me, orignal and rad, and if it IS an older guy riding it, even radder.
the bike stinks of know how so my opinion on quando is that if you got time for upkeep, they might be alright…

Sick spiderweb-meets-Tron paintjob? Word.

aha … respect for the aged … should be more of it …

aha … respect for the aged … should be more of it …[/quote]

Amen. Fixed = growing old dis-gracefully…

Not always. I have a fixed/free formula.[/quote]

Keep reading my original comment for the joke.[/quote]ah. yeah. i’m not too bright sometimes.

i love that bike. i often see the dude riding up collins st at the end of the day.