Hillman Track Frame

^^ the two digits are most likely the ‘11’ that all these unidentified track frames have.

Personally I’d put Hillman on the bottom of my list of desirable australian made frames. Who gives a shit if it’s a “fake” or not. You might get lucky and end up with a Perkins. That said Ron Mitten did help out building for Hillman every now and then, so you might end up with something really nice.

looks like someone rated hillmans?

Frame went for $512

And I am sure he would be stoked with the price of the rest of the parts.

Campagnolo to Record hub wheelset went for $400

and his cinelli stem and bars went for $172.

just to name a few…

That bar and stem price is crazy.

What would you put at the top of your list Erle?

Jim/Pete Bundy & Kerry Hopkins?? (they would be mine)

All up over $1500, funny thing is he would never get that much selling complete.

Lesson to the noobs, always part your shit when selling.

Llewellyn, hoffy, frezoni.

My $77 complete Kerry Hopkins roadie wins, hands down.

The way it’s worked out Michalo is at the top of my list, I now own three of them. I bought one a few years back and it rode like nothing else I’d ridden apart from my Kenevans. I’ll put Frezoni, Perkins, and Llewellyn (not that I’ll ever end up owning another one) up the top. I’ve got no hate for Hillman, I just think there are/were better builders around.

Pete once told me that Kerry wasn’t that good a builder and would have to tack the chain stays to the bb before brazing. But I have seen a couple of nice frames with his name on them. Maybe just some sydney builder rivalry going on

How many frames has Pete built?

I’ve owned a KH built 653 track frame and a 753 road frame, both were well made and great riding frames.

I’ll echo that Hopkins is a very good builder. He’s quite unassuming and low key, never blabbed about how good he is which is unique for a frame builder. Sweet guy too, father of 2 sons who are fast around the ring.

• 1 and talk about ability to do bike fit. Kerry has fit myself and about 5 or 6 mates for every bike we’ve ever bought and no one has ever had an issue.

daacha

Damn straight:

Shaun Hopkins by ABC Bikes, on Flickr

$512?!wow,might be time to sell my Hillman!

He’s doing a bit of building now i think. Just relaying what i heard, the KH frames I have seen have all looked great.

Classic Vintage Track/Fixie Frame | eBay

Quick flip.