Hold Fast vs Skin Grows Back

POWER TO THE PEDAL – CLEAT POSITION » Bike Fit » Feet » Steve Hogg’s Bike Fitting Website

FWIW I like the BOGears… But I’ve never used holdfast or sgb.

too quick for me :stuck_out_tongue:

As an alumnus of Steve Hogg’s bike fitting service, he has some ideas that are downright batshit crazy. He’d have everybody riding with their cleat bang in the middle of their foot if he could…

had bogear and now sgb. i find it annoying how sgb kinda sag and it take me a bit to get my foot in and fixed, while the bogear where alot stiffer and slid straight in. my 2c.

SGB all the way. I had cages but I won’t be going back to them in a hurry.

Also, does anyone clip in and if they do what pedal retention do they use so you don’t feel like your about to rip the tops of your shoes. I’ve got the Mavic pro race elite clip ins, but I feel like they will rip apart when I ride fixed with them. I’m thinking I may just leave them for long flat rides and the road bike.

When running clipless I use Look Keo Max2’s and MaxicmZxellium shoes. Fixed and roadie. No problems whatsoever. Plenty of threads discussing other options though.

Has anyone come across a road pedal that can accomodate SGB straps?
Would prefer to run this than BMX pedals…

Might sound silly, but cable ties are actually a pretty common way of attaching straps to clipless pedals (assuming that’s what you mean by ‘road pedal’).

I’ve never seen it done with street fixie style straps, only with the narrower track sprinting variey, but I can’t see why it couldn’t work with a bit of fiddling around.

I had success using the tips I found here… http://upupup.aboc.com.au/the-book/02-sprinters-are-different/equipment/pedals …if you do it right, it’s a pretty elegant and effective solution. Some people modify pedals by drilling them but IMO this is unnecessary.