Holiday Rides.

Funny you should mention that cam,

A few mates and are are doing the exact same thing for new years. Hoping to do some walk in beach camping as I figure ill be the only place remotely safe to have a small fire. Somewhere along the otway coast is right up there on the list.

So if you see a group of muppets walking around yell out for a skid.

Jeremy

Stop in Apollo Bay and say hi, I should be there a bit over the holidays.

Otherwise I’ll be in Newborough swimming at the Lake and listening to stories at my grandparents house. My grandpa is getting seasons 2 and 3 of two and a half men for xmas, so I think we’ll watch a heap of that.
And I’ll just spend the rest of the time trying to change the brakes on my car, it cant be that harD!

can’t be that hard? 1 episode is hard enough - two seasons should be classed as a form of torture.

chaz - once again you have manged to nearly wreck good electronic equipment by making me shoot water through my nose onto my keyboard.

my office IT staff will not be amused.

Be doing the peninsula ride from Balnarring to Portsea through Arthurs Seat from 27th to 3rdish if anyone is down that way.

looks like i’ll be riding from to wonthaggi on tuesday morning (weather pending).

either from abbotsford (around 170k allegedly) or catch a train to pakenham and halve the distance. depends on wether i have someone to ride with and also wether i could be bothered with a long one.

will be coming back on thurs or friday.

ride is now tomorrow morning

if anyone wants to come along you’re welcome.

plan is to get the 6.07 train from richmond getting to pakenham at 7.13.

Good hills past the Gurdies and nice rolling hills and good scenery too.
hope it all goes well.

riding fixed with a break.

Was just thinking about organising some holiday rides and thought I might as well dust this one off (exactly 2 years and 1 day later…) And I don’t even need to change the wording. - fire away folks.

I’ll be in Port Fairy, 30 Dec until 8 Jan, on the way back from Radelaide. Don’t think I’ll be able to bring the bike though…pity.

Staying down in Blair gowrie for a week or so in early Jan, I’ll most likely ride down sometime around the 8th I think. Will post up more deets closer to then though

I’ll be in Swan Hill over Christmas, and will definitely be taking the bike up on the train.
And then Tasmania (the north end) after NYs, from about the 11th - 17th or something.

If anyone’s around, riding with others would be awesome.

My sister pretty much lives on the national road race circuit. So if anyones in ballarat yo watch it, ill be there doing plenty of riding.

I’m going to be down at Pt. Lonsdale from the 26th till the 30th, holla at ya boi if you wanna roll down that way.

Rebooting this thread in time for the hols.

I’ll be in Port Fairy from the 23rd till the 6th if anyone’s up for a ride.

Ill be in south Melbourne from the 27-4 if any ones keen for a ride,
Probably just bring the old steel roadie down

Most peeps from Qld want to do the Hell Ride when they come to Melb

Keen to ride on xmas day / boxing day if anyones around

i’ll be in apollo bay from 29th-5th and contemplating riding back to geelong and getting the train home. would be heading along the inland route (Forrest-Apollo Bay road) etc rather than the GOR. anyone ridden this before? looks pretty hilly and little shoulder, is it a bit of a death trap?

would consider heading to the A1 between Colac and Geelong if it’s got a better shoulder etc.

yeh go through forest, that area rules!

You will take the Skenes Creek climb from Amys Gran Fondo.