Home Brew Beer

Sure thing! There is a bit going on in there though. I kind of had a few odd bits laying around that I threw into it.

Ale Malt
Brown Malt
Light Chocolate Malt
Light Crystal Malt (only 54g as it was all I had left)
Medium Crystal Malt
Vienna Malt
Black Forrest Rye Malt

Had a bit of fun doing some labels for a beer brewed for my brother’s wedding.

I took their wedding invitation and chopped it up to create this:

Keep it quiet though, he doesn’t know about it yet.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the dedication beer mate, it’s incredibly humbling.

Cheers to Science!

New beer time! This one is from a recipe that was given to me by my friends at Dangerous Ales in Milton on the south coast of NSW. It packs a lot of punch with Citra + Sabro and Mosaic.

3 Likes

You’re taking some great pics of these beers Ezy.

Thank you - it’s a bit of a rush though to find somewhere with nice light in the yard, put the glass down (empty) get the settings right… run to pour a beer, run back (spilling some), shoot it in changing light and then realise the head on the beer has disappeared.

Yeah, I think it’s a lot harder than people probably realise!

Plus you gotta not drink it

Then having to deal with hand models… urgh. Worst!

(I love you Vee)

1 Like

Here we have my very first lager. I wasn’t big on the style but I have had some amazing examples in this last year which has had me see the light… lagers are damn good on a sunny and hot day.

Is this a traditional lager? Nope. Born Sippy is a bit of a fruity lager with a kiss of Sabro and Galaxy thrown into the mix.

Choose a life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television. Choose to homebrew.

3 Likes

Underworld is the best

Nice glass. Also agree good lagers are well underrated.

1 Like

What? You’ve got your own branded glass wear? Hurry up and open a brew pub already!

Clarity looks to be on point.

Brooklyn Lager convinced me that lagers could be good, but then again, they just threw a whole lot of hops at it so I’m not sure how true to style it is.

Pilsner Urquell off the wood at the brewery is transcendent, but the canned stuff is average.

1 Like

The branded glassware was a secret santa present last year. It’s the first time I have really used it as it is a lager glass. It is pretty tall and JUST fits under my tap! haha.

I had my first Pilsner Urquell (bottle) the other week, it was really good.

1 Like

I was probably being unkind - I think the stuff in the UK was contract brewed, so probably not a true reflection of the product.

You haven’t been to the Hard Knocks beer lounge? It’s the hottest destination in CBR.

3 Likes

love lager ngl

Latest out of the brew shed (kind of, got a few things on at the moment) is my summer sour. Last year I went with the expected raspberry which was a hit. This time I went with a heavy hit of lychee and a dash of passionfruit. Coming in at 4%, this one has been a favourite with visitors.

3 Likes

Passion ruit. Nice one…

Thanks Rolly!

1 Like

I have been reading about some different styles of beer lately when I came across the Trappist Single. I am not a huge fan of strong beers, so it’s not likely I will ever brew a tripel or quad. However, the description of the Trappist single appealed to me - especially as an approachable beer to have with dinner or a few at a time.
With the help of a wise Canberra Brewers club member - I created a recipe and fermented the beer using lallemand abbaye yeast. Whilst I have been told that it should get better in a couple of months, it’s drinking well currently.