I got a Surly!

Who is this magical LBS?

Ride Shop in Braddon.

Mind you some people say they’re a bit surly (or rude, or hard to talk to (pun unintended)), I think I just built up a good rapport with them after pouring them coffee for years and talking shit about Lonsdale St. They’re definitely less elitist than The Cyclery.

Doneso!
Loaner wheels for the moment, still waiting on hubs.
I don’t want to cut the steerer but might need to be done in the long run.

Final parts list:
Surly Crosscheck
Campy Veloce 10sp (thanks Heavy for the LHS lever)
Thomson Elite stem (thanks Angry), Nitto Noodles (thanks Larfinboy)
Thomson Elite post, Fizik Kurve (old kinda broken saddle I got warrantied, I sort of want a Brooks C15)
Paul brakes (thanks DICE)
Speedplay Frogs to put on
H Plus Son Archetypes (Thanks Lorday) + Ambrosio Zenith (yet to be built)
Bruce Gordon Rock and Road tires!!! (Thanks Rolly for posting these!)

Might get a C15 when I can afford/justify it. My C17 is too wide for my boney butt.

Well done!
Mine should be done very soon too… we can get out the rip up some dirt together

Friggin excellent eh! I’d point the end of those bars at the brake bridge ATMO. My favourite bars pretty much.

And I’d be keen on your C17 if you wanna sell.

Woo! Good stuff.

so.much.#foamafia - yay! Looking good.

Which hubs did you end up ordering?

I ordered Ambrosio Zeniths.

Pete, don’t we have similar bums?
Sabrina might want it, but I’ll let you know.

That thing is a thumper!
Well done

No two bums are the same! Regardless of looks. B17 is my favourite. C17 should be right for me. No pressure to sell, but if you want to, I’m here for you bro…

This is rad. Gonna get buck wild with the bar tape?!

gonna be #SOSCWBGRR*, just have to get mine stuck together

*Summer Of Surly Crosscheck With Bruce Gordon Rock’n Roads

Nah, just plain black Fizik tape. It’s just my least favourite part of a build, might get the LBS to do it when I drop off wheels…

Nik, i’m so stoked on the BGs, I just hope they stretch a bit wider when I put them on the 23mm rims. Should be a sick summer!

This makes me want to remove the mudguards from my crosscheck and ride it more.

TC: mudguards suck.

Hush your mouth.

justsayin

Looking good Mouche. Can’t wait to see it fully built.

Setup the Pauls okay? How good are the Hunter Nugz?! I always meant to do a review of them.

Hot tip - in lieui of paying for hunter nugz at our current exchange rate, the ‘Genetic’ brand canti brakes available for 25ish a pair on Velogear include the same straddle+barrel adjuster dealio. I’m using that on my Paul canti’s and it works, and you get a free set of cantis to boot.

EDIT: price has gone up to $50 a set now soz

Nugz are sweet! I’ve wanted them for a really long time. These brakes make me feel like I’m setting up my BMX again. Except back then I could never afford the $150 CNCed calipers ):

Lies make baby Jesus cry.

I took it out for it’s maiden ride on Sunday to this great abandoned quarry. Rides awesome, wider tires are great, and the geometry is unlike anything I’ve ridden before. Changed the setback post to a straight one, and tilted the bars down a bit but I think I’m done!