I seem to have a thing for green bikes...

that’ll buff out.

Hopefully I have the right person here, but did you also have a thing for USSR built track frames? I recall someone talking about it at one of the Wednesday rides, there are a couple on ebay at the moment, they do have a bit of an alluring nature I admit.

Just picked this one up, its a nice green that is for sure. Ill report back when i get the front wheel built for it.

136400058_1601010786735776_2935157296332867464_n

Other then that a regear and ill chuck a stem on it for starters…

Cheers Glenn

3 Likes

This is awesome! I’m glad to see it’s still alive

1 Like

This thread is amazing on so many levels.

1 Like

Yeah i know, i found the thread doing research on the frame. had to grab it after that.

Anyone got any ideas on suitable stem these days. front wheel is a polished H+Sons SL42, so was maybe going to stick with a polished stem. just wanted something with less rise on it. rear is a black B43 if it helps.

Maybe a velo orange stem? They’re shiny and reasonably priced

1 Like

Alright so ive got my version 1 together so i can take it for a spin later.

Repco Vertex frame
Hillbrick forks
Velo Orange 80mm 6deg stem
Chris King headset
C Record 165mm road cranks
Cycle underground 47t chainring
Velocity B43 rear / H+Sons SL42 front
conti GPIIs in a 25c
17t cog
VP pedals / Zulu Straps
Fiziki Antares R3 seat

Unfortunately as much as i like the cranks there offset is wrong and can’t fit a track chainring over the spider, so new set is on there way.

1 Like

They’re not C-Rec cranks either, but the bike’s looking great.

Sounds like you’re sorted, but I’ve got some black Sugino Messenger cranks that would look right at home on that setup.

The top photo looks familiar

Cheers, got some miche pistards coming, should sort it out. Need them the bolts creaking annoy the crap out of me

Alright, just got my bike back.

New miche pistard 2.0 cranks
Bespoke monster 50t chanring
On one 18t cog
Selle Italia Slr saddle
Pro black post

Time to test it out…

2 Likes