I want to be Dave when I grow up

Dragging my arse in to work mid-morning today I saw a familiar but lately unseen form riding up the road ahead - an old roadie I know named David Hall. I rode with him until our paths diverged at Clarendon St and we had a nice old chat. Haven’t seen Dave out for a while because he got clipped by a car a bit over a year ago and scored a broken femur and some other sundry damage. The prognosis at the time was that he was lucky to survive and might not walk again unaided, yet today he’s out on his bike, moving slowly but moving. He’s been back on the bike about a month, says the the leg still feels a bit ginger yet and can only manage about 100k a week.
Dave turned 83 this year. 'nuff said.

Nothing like being a fit old bloke, I would say that his fitness was his path to recovery. I agree, I want to a fit old man too, no lingering in sickness waiting for death me! 80 and I’m outta here.

Wow. Great story.

Yeah, humbling.

He usually wears a Turramura Cyclery jersey when he’s riding - if you see him out and about give brave Dave a wave.

Yeah, humbling.

He usually wears a Turramura Cyclery jersey when he’s riding - if you see him out and about give brave Dave a wave.[/quote]
I certainly will.

That’s awesome. Respect to him.

If all goes to plan. my bike(s) will be part of my retirement plan… :wink: