In support of Australian manufacturing

I have been using Skin Grows Back products for years now and have to say that the quality is of an incredibly high standard. Their footstraps are very well made and very strong. Anyone that uses Holdfast etc should consider grabbin a pair. Glad to see ya found this PrettyBoy.
BTW ya not Austrayun!!!
Peace homies.

i choose my products based on budget, not where they are made or owned by who.

Unfortunately, Australia has priced itself out of the market.

the best example of this i found was when i was at uni doing my honours project, i needed some parts for my model rapid prototyped. I got several quotes from Australian companies, including one ‘doing me a deal’ that i went for a job at. And then i got a quote from a Rapid Prototype company in China.

The chinese company had the best customer service, quickest turnaround and ultimately was the cheapest. they even started making the model before payment had cleared so i could have it for an earlier deadline.

im happy to buy from china and other asian because i know what im getting. ive always had good customer experiences with great prices.

If australians werent so arrogant when it came to their goods, and offered shit service and shit prices then id bring my dollar happily back home.

Australian manufacturing needs to lift their game. they may not be able to meet crazy low asian prices, but a little bit of customer service goes a long way.

I am a proud Australian, but when it comes to getting anything made here or buying anything here, unless im desperate, forget it.

you forgot to say the BEST courier bags ever made

Australia priced themselves out of the market?? If we were talking Skin Grows Back for example then you would find that a pair of SGB foot straps are actually around the same price as Holdfast and they are as good. People see a bag that costs $450.00+ and freak out but dont realize that bag will more than likely last them 20 years if not more if you didnt use it for couriering. Lets not forget that SGB is a two person operation doing everything themselves and not a massive company with a factory employing 1000 people. Support SKIN GROWS BACK!!! they support you.

Be specific…
Saying Australians are arrogant when it comes to their goods is an extreem generalization.

BIKE TECHNOLOGIES | WORLD LEADER IN CARBON FIBRE TRACK RACING BICYLES

I should clarify, i havent actually ever looked at any of the skin grows back range or compared any of their prices.

I was more talking about general manufacturing. Plastic parts, fabrication, anything like that. Look at the new “Great Wall” range of cars coming out of China! I support Ford and Holden and Australian manufacture or vehicles, but with a market that is growing smaller by the day and Australian labour costs running so high things like this soon become unviable.

F U C K C A R S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
ps…i was unhappy to see that fixed.org is now advertising 4WD. Very disappointing.
A cycling specific web site that advertises cars/4WD.
Thats Shit.

^^ really? I have never noticed. The worst kind of cars too I guess…

interesting that you keep using china - where the people have already once risen up against an oppressive government - as your example…

Where are these car ads? Haven’t seen em.

you may notice them when you aren’t logged in, i cant seem to see them when i am. they hang down the bottom of the pages. its random so i cant give a direct link to a certain page but if you do a bit of thread surfing im sure youl come across one. but this was the website i got directed to More Bang For Your Buck Sale | Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge
i really feel shit about being part of a cycling site that wants me to purchase a 4WD.
honestly, am i the only one?
i know in order to survive some sites do need to get support by putting stupid adds up but thats ridiculous. and yes i have sort of givin them exposure by puttin the link up which is what they want but wtf?
whats happening to the world??
CARS R COFFINS!!!

ps…SPOOGETT!!!

Yeah I logged out and can see the ads. But mine are only for “wanna meet single christian ladies?”…

well theyre there.
il leave it for now.
not the place to discuss this really.
if enuf people notice and also care, then someone can start a thread about it.
as for now il say no more on the issue.
peace

On another note I sussed out that skin grows back stuff. They have some mad proddy. Couple of things there that I’d be keen on!!

Glad to hear you checked them out. They both (the owners/manufactures) have messenger experience and make high quality and durable items to be punished. Well worth the price.

I’d be more than happy to send you the bill for fixed.org.au if you like. I’ll include cost of board software, monthly dedicated hosting, and my own development and maintenance time at $95 an hour, summed into a neat invoice backdated to July, 2005. I’d then be extremely glad to remove the random ads which are displayed at the bottom of the site, to those who are not logged in.

ok then il delete my account then.
ive said what i thought.
goodbye.

Me too, cya.

rojor that.
nuff said.
peace.

^

but on topic, if more australian companies like BO gear offer quality products that can compete with other international brands for around the same price range, they’ll do just fine. +1 for whoever said that stuff about quality friendly customer service be it online or in person too

awesome thread, should be in the pub section i think!

IMO and this refers to more than just bike gear

The problem is also these days people are happy pay, play and trash. I think people are happy to pay a cheap price, use it a bit, then trash it. No one is really looking for something to last 10-20 years because we always want the latest and greatest. So we buy a little cheaper, expecting something a little inferior, use it, get over it, trash it.

Sure many of us like to pay a little more for a quality product, bang for buck dosnt always mean best quality for buck, just best satisfaction.

Using personal experience, i dont always want the best quality so im happy to pay for a cheapie version to do what i need. When was the last time anyone went to those cheap $2 stores? its incredible what you can get!

oh and +2 on customer service, one of the things that will convince me to pay a little more.