Indoor Rock Climbing

As you guys probably know now (and if you don’t, what the fuck, are you not on social media??) - I am living with the in-laws way down in Gilmore, which is pretty far south Canberra (You thought I was far south before). This really limits a few things, like riding to work. I am trying to make the best of the situation and have noticed that it is stupidly close to Hume (5 minute drive).

What’s in Hume apart from industrial buildings? Indoor Rock Climbing! Has anyone been to this particular gym before? I am thinking about getting a 3 month pass. Would anyone else be interested in joining me at nights for some climbing and hanging out. Hanging out at the in-laws is going to do my head in.

I’ve done a bit of climbing at Hume and also Mitchell. Took the boys there too. Hume is better, but out of the way. There’s also a structure at the ANU.

But as I’ve done most of my climbing outdoor back in the Pyrenees I find it hard to get into the indoor climbing stuff. And knowing that occasions for climbing outdoor are scarce, I haven’t pursued it further. Got some gear at home.

Well thats good to know the Hume one is better.

You’re right near one of the Centenary Trail trail heads now.

I’ve been to Mitchell and looked into Hume. I thought the Hume one looked more interesting but I think it was full of scouts on the night.

Yup, commuting to work will be easy via mtb. But for the times where I ride into the city after work, it makes it a fair bit of a hike.

Would love to do that.

I used to climb a fair bit indoors, but nowdays I mostly belay for #1: 00000 on Vimeo

Super cute… but you know, climbing along the floor is pretty easy jks (that video hurt my neck).

Lol, just flip the monitor.

I’ll join you if I can find a way out there (can’t be bothered riding home late at night).

I climb 2-3 times a week at the ANU indoor wall ($50 bucks for the year!) which isn’t as nice but is cheap and a great community. Plus I get the opportunity to set my own routes if I want.

Would love to check out the bouldering cave in Hume or Mitchell.

Mmmm, sounding like a dick here. Sorry and enjoy the climbing Ezy.

“The Brindabellas are nice, but not as good as the Pyrenees” - Seb, yesterday :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, Seb! You aren’t sounding like a dick at all. Well travelled and french :wink:

i’d be keen to check it out if you need someone - I take it you do it in pairs?

if I take a liking to it I would sign up, it’s pretty close to my place as well.

Late notice - but would anyone be keen tonight?

Thursday is their cheap day with all the hire stuff thrown in. I went in last night and had a look around. Looks fun!

Nothing in the Pyrenees compares to the crags further East in France such as Ceuse, Verdon and even Buoux… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m keen to do a bouldering trip in the canberra region when i come home for christmas. Will happily join for some indoor too

I’ve got a mat, lets meet up and head out the black range/corin forest. I should be around before/after xmas.

Moot point :wink: