JLN's music thread

Banger

I’ve been giving the new King Gizzard album a spin this week - absolutely loving the thrash vibes on it.

I’m not really into it.
It’s a bit like that little cousin who just discovered Metallica and Slipknot.

Interesting take BigAdz. I find the King Gizzard album a lot more old school than that.

If you want to vibe on some different metal, try:

Waste of Space Orchestra - Syntheosis. It’s epic finnish psychedelic black metal, a collab between Oranssi Pazuzu and another band I can’t remember

Pijn and Conjurer also have a split EP of some sort that’s sludgy. There’s a bit of Baroness and a bit of ISIS in there if you tilt your head the right way.

I was once the little cousin who just discovered Metallica and Slipknot :slight_smile:

On another note - going to see Devil Driver and All That Remains tonight. Looking forward to it.

yes!!! this is exactly what its like.

I wish I was free to go but alas I am not

I love this record so much.
Paid waaaay too much for it on vinyl, but fuck it, I’ll have it forever.
Or until my kid throws it out when I die.

oh, have you heard (or paid too much for the cassette of) the muji BGM Haruomi did?

Ha! No! I’ve looked for it on discogs and there was on on there I think for heaps, but I listen to it at work a lot.
Apparently Muji were a bit confused by it, and it was never used.

I love Hosono. Genius.

discogs is gonna be the literal death of me

1 Like

@HeavyMetalCyclist
I banned myself. I’ll have a sneaky look, but i can’t commit it anymore, I got too good at justifying purchases. Also started to feel like cheating. It took the joy of the hunt out of it.

Though I guess it’s trickier finding the stuff you’re into. I imagine it’s hard to find a copy of Bathory’s self titled
Yellow goat edition at Round and Round records.

Or and original copy Mayhem’s Deathcrush.

I’m not gonna lie, I’m just googling these.

Think he’s more into Justin Bieber these days.

Anyone going to see Wolves in the Throne Room in Nov/Dec? I’m so happy they’re coming to Canberra!

1 Like

nice one, good to see they are coming back after they cancelled last one. I will defs be going.

asking for a friend, is it immoral to spend 80 pounds on four Bolt Thrower casettes

There are children going hungry James.

Hungry for Bolt Thrower tapes.

1 Like

Nope, anything from them is worth it no matter the cost.

SJ: Finding out just in time about the Straightjacket Fits reunion show at the corner this Friday