JLN's music thread

Having a flashback Monday - this one used to get played as loud as I dared to turn the volume knob:

Sorry, 90’s flashback continues unabated:

Note: before they went ‘mainstream’.

2 Likes

I can stop anytime I want

1 Like

So good! I got intp punk/fat wreck bands around the time Twisted By Design was released. I remember playing it, the short music for short people compilation and Lagwagon’s Let’s Talk About Feelings non-stop throughout my school years.

1 Like

It was just such a great time for discovering new bands. You could pick up a sampler for like, $10, and off the back of that there would be at least 2 or 3 bands you’d get into. For me the gateway drugs were Offspring and Green Day that lead into Pulley, Ten Foot Pole, Satanic Surfers, Refused…and don’t forget the Aussie bands - Bodyjar, Toe To Toe, Mindsnare, Frenzal. What a time to be alive.

1 Like

This was on repeat all day yesterday. Some solid post-rock with a lot of variety

endorse this sublime attitude

Moves to beach, gets into sublime…

no bueno james, no bueno…

omg had to google this band, fml.

Been listening to this non stop all week

Just can’t get enough of this at the moment:

From 2011 :open_mouth: with Rodrigo Alfaro on vocals. What do you mean who’s Rodrigo Alfaro? He’s the lead singer of Satanic Surfers, geez. Continuing my standard of getting into bands after they’ve broken up. Check out their album ‘Currents’ if you’re partial to Ignite or Propagandhi…Nik.

Turned Out a Punk (podcast by the singer from Fucked Up) did a great episode interviewing the guitarist from Satanic Surfers. I feel like they might have mentioned this band… but i didn’t follow up.

Saw the Flaming Lips last night.

They were excellent.

They put on such a good spectacle of a show, makes other bands seem a bit dull by comparison.

I find this band to be amazing, both infectious and powerful. but watching live clips takes it to another level.

Their set from Glastonbury is really good too

2 Likes

:+1: for the recommend, Iooks like music I enjoy

Yeah! Never fight a man with a perm!

1 Like

Man, this is rad! Nice one Nikcee

late to party but new Darkthrone record bangs so hard. Fenriz is the absolute king of kings.

I was dubious, and then I saw the guy’s history, and then I listened and was stoked.

Also means I can start ‘influencing’ the child’s musical tastes more :wink:

I think I’m being more influenced by the kids than the other way around, saw these girls last night to close out Lost Lands festival, they were unreal