jobs available

It seems as though my contract is going to die a sad death. Anyone know of any UNIX admin work going around? :-/

Pretty sure I’m looking for a new job. Shit sucks.

inb4 get a new bike and lolcats

Rolled past the abandoned Video Ezy on Nicholson St / Park St North Carlton that’s going to become a bike shop ‘real soon now’ … they have a painted sign up looking for bike mechanics. Don’t hold your breath though, I think he’s in local-Council-approval-purgatory at the moment. www.velocycles.com.au might be on the blink - but there are cached details on google.
Velo Cycles
Park Street Bike Path
815 Nicholson Street
North Carlton 3054 VIC
T 1800 737 835
:slight_smile:

Also the Logies need a good host. Make them an offer

http://melbourne.gumtree.com.au/c-Business-Services-other-Velo-Cycles-mobile-bicycle-mechanic-service-W0QQAdIdZ110877188

seems to be a mobile mechanic service…not for me, but pretty interesting!

fuck fuckers fucking good dudes over!

now jobless, AGAIN. gonna try some courier companies again, though it’s hard as hell to get a job as a courier, but i don’t really know where else to try. anyone know who’s hiring or what the best way to go about it is?

try Kings

tried, tried and tried again. the crap thing about most of the companies is that when i call, you get there big call centre information line, and they take your details but never pass it on.

kings have been really difficult to get in contact with. got some mates keeping there ears open for me though.

i wouldn’t bother with any company unless you like sitting on your arse all day drinking coffee and doing the occasional delivery to fishermans bend on a $3 job. Better off washing dishes.

shouldn’t the work be starting to pick up soon?

Platypus Shoes Melbourne Central.
Casual Sales position available.

Will probably be approx following hours but can do less days:

Monday 10am - 6pm
Thursday 10am - 6pm
Friday 1pm - 9pm
Sunday 10am - 5pm.

Retail experience essential, footwear retail preferred. Must love kicks (Vans, Converse, Adidas, Puma etc) and be able to take my shit and have a laugh.

Regards,

Heatseeker
Retail Store Manager

Platypus Shoes (Australia) PTY LTD
Melbourne Central
Shop 30, 300 Lonsdale st,
Melbourne, Vic, 3000

p: +61 3 9654 5900
f: +61 3 9654 5903
m: +61 400 *** ***
e: melcentral@platypusshoes.com.au
w: www.platypusshoes.com

“Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5
people in my family, so it must be one of them. It’s either my mum or
my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Wing Chun.
But I think it’s Colin.”

IMPORTANT: This email intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social fauxpas. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email, although the cat next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you.

See now I want to kill myself, because I thought that said ‘platypus hoes’, and went looking :frowning:

See now I want to kill myself, because I thought that said ‘platypus hoes’, and went looking
. . . . . and what did you get?

an erection :oops:

RESULT!!

Victorian sales representative for the cycling division of Pacific Brands, whatever that consists of…

Would probably consist of trying to butter up and get back onside the remainder of independent Bike Shop owners that they pissed off over the last few years.
Or…
You’ll just be servicing the in house Bike Hub retail stores that Pac Brands managed to sell franchises of.

either way, I couldn’t see it being very inspiring work.

But hey, You’ll probs get a company car and a Ridley out of it.

Yeah i know this is a dead thread but it’s an interesting one. just found out today that i am being “phased out” (replaced by back packers!)
So, I’m wandering what i need to know/need to do to get a job in the bicycle industry. ie, mechanic or something of the likes. i’m no sheldon but i know a bit about it. i’ve been pulling apart bikes since primary school.
Anyway. I know the best way would be to just go check out shops get to know the LBS’s but i’d just like to see what people have to say.

Cheers, tom

Bike shops are pretty often a mechanic down. I beleive there is a skills shortage or something…Try the LBS, whatever knowledge you got is good, and you will learn fast. I did.

keen on people keeping their eyes out too as i’m thinking of hitting uo melb’s again… more permanently this time

Some practice for people still jobhunting - ‘weird’ interview questions, via wired.co.uk. For ‘weird’ read ‘daft’. “Ooh that’s a curveball. Let me think up something hilarious and witty and/or pithy and deep that makes me an insta-hire.”

“How many tennis balls are in this room and why?”

• Yahoo

“You are in a room with three switches, which correspond to three bulbs in another room, and you don’t know which switch corresponds to which bulb. You can only enter the room with the bulbs once. You cannot use any external equipment (power supplies, resistors, etc). How do you find out which bulb corresponds to which switch?”

• Goldman Sachs

“Are your parents disappointed with your career aspirations?”

• Fisher Investments

“If I put you in a sealed room with a phone that had no dial tone, how would you fix it?”

• Apple

“If you were a brick in a wall, which brick would you be and why?”

• Nestlé USA

“How would you move Mount Fuji?”

• Microsoft

“Develop an algorithm for finding the shortest distance between two words in a document. After the phone interview is over, take a few hours to develop a working example in C++ and send it to the manager.”

• Google

“Given a dictionary of words, how do you calculate the anagrams for a new word?”

• Amazon

“How many hair salons are there in Japan?”

• Boston Consulting

“Say you are dead – what do you think your eulogy would say about you?”

• Nationwide Insurance

All the questions have been self-reported by job-seekers at glassdoor.com