JOYRIDE [Melbourne - Brisbane]

Hey guys,

thought some of the fixed.org members might be interesting in following 8 riders as we journey north from Melbourne to Brisbane on fixed gears over two weeks. You can follow us on our webpage and also on facebook and twitter…

Joyride

Login | Facebook

http://twitter.com/wejoyride

bedtime now. We got day 4 tomorow and its looking f**king brutal. 173km of hills.

thanks,

Gypsy and the Joyride crew.

Hey Gypsy,

Is there a charity or something that the fundraising money is going to? Couldn’t see anything on the website, and I know there was money being raised from bakesales and stuff at the Deus swapmeet.

Nah no charity involved. All the money we fundraised etc. has gone into accomodation as we have all taken 2 weeks off work to do the ride. We have 8 riders in total and a film crew of 3. We are making a documentary out of the ride, to try and give people and insight into what goes into a ride like this. The group of guys in quite diverse, we have got Athletes, Bike Couriers, Graphic Designers and even a Male Model. The footage we have got so far is pretty epic. We’ve had rain, headwinds and very cold temperatures for the first 5 days. We’ve just made it to Canberra and its our rest day today. Trucking onto Sydney leaving saturday morning and will arrive in Sydney on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully get some decent footage and photo’s online once can get some fast internet to upload.

You guys are nuts, and also super gutsy! Keep it going, can’t wait to see the final product!

Went past you boys on the way back from Canberra today. Solid effort!!

Sweeet. Thats me in the yellow jersey and Jared in the Quickstep kit!

Made sydney by around 4:30, got absolutely roasted in the sun yesterday. Hanging around in Sydney today for a rest day and keep moving north tuesday morning.

You two were miles ahead of the rest!

Content blocked by your organization
Reason:
This Websense category is filtered: Gambling.

URL:
Joyride

:(:(:frowning:
Sounds awesome! Will check it out when I get home!