Kumo Cycles: Fixed.org opening special

double as ninja star for when some fucker cuts you off. win.

awesome work, seriously tempted.

Give in to temptation Jase. I did! Plus do it now and you get a sweet price on your frame. Hard to say no, really.

ahhhh, so this is what replaces the hillman… nice!

It is implicitly implied that warranty is longer than a year…

Jolly good then. I will get a cx frame off you one day

Klaatu Barada Nikto !!!

I have to ask - if it’s implied, why can’t you make it explicit?

I’m not questioning your trustworthiness, I’m just saying that implications with regards to warranty is not reassuring to any customer. I would suggest either making it 1 year, or making it 3 years, or making it 5 years, and having set terms and conditions for those periods.

There is inevitably going to be someone who will crash their bike and try and say that it was damaged due to defects in materials or construction.
I am attempting to discourage this behaviour.
I effectively cover the bike for defects in materials or construction for as long as is nessecary, but I do not want people to take advantage of this if they abuse their bike, you can break anything if you mean enough to it.

Fair enough. Wouldn’t it be better to just make it 3 or 5 years and put stringent terms and conditions saying you reserve the right to refuse warranty claims if there appears to be evidence of misuse / external damage?

Up to you I guess. In my opinion a warranty needs to be clear cut and the terms and conditions need to be precise down the the finest detail.

Having said that, if I ever find myself with some extra cash I will be employing your services :slight_smile:

And you can do so safe in the knowledge that I back my frames 110%

Warranty:
My frames come with a lifetime warranty which covers any defects in the construction of the frame.
Defects in materials are covered for 5 years from the date of purchase.
Warranty will be a repair or replacement.
Please note that the warranty does not cover damage incurred by: accidents, abuse or neglect of the frame, daily wear and tear (e.g. I cannot cover paint scratches, dents or other damage caused which were not related to defects in workmanship or materials), natural disasters or acts of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Congrats on the business Launch! Looks really promising. Beautiful craftmanship!

Thanks for the support guys!
48 fans, whoever is # 50 gets a Kumo Cycles sticker, really good quality Cyclomondo one it is too!

Kumo Cycles - Wall | Facebook

I remember when TRAFIK did this and they had some person unliking and liking there page again just to get a DVD/Sticker or two. Im sure it won’t happen with your page.

Congrats on opening up, I don’t have enough $ to order a custom frame yet but if I ever want one built up one I know where to go / who to speak to.

When I get my frame I want one of these stickers for my car!

Deal

Well done on the start-up. We need more artisans and less Mojo.

Also, recommend that you set up a twitter account alongside you FB page so you can occasional post pics of your projects. Good way to spread the word.

Hey guys, don’t forget there are still 3 places open in the opening special!

you gonna display any of these bikes in a shop front window keith? get more attention etc?

im sure there must be some who would be happy to help out?

May well do, but I just enjoy riding them so much!

There is something in the works for a bit of a launch party/ exhibition, keep your ears to the ground if you are around the Canberra region