Kumo RAD 2

It is compared to other similar style bikes, but maybe I’ve got a longer than normally proportioned torso/arms? I dunno.
It’s also a fair amount less than the last bike.

#princeofhauteselle

Check

I’ve set these bikes up with ISO mounts on the frame so people can run whatever rotor combo they want using the many available adapters (shimano, paul, paragon). I havent tried, but would say 180 would foul, overkill anyway.

160 f+r is appropriate for Adam

I remember when this forum was about no brakes. Now look at us… all grown up arguing about disc size.

Potato apple fowl

These are brilliant, I’m looking forward to the production ones popping up and being ridden all over the place.

Question - is the QR on the front a one-off to suit Adam’s dynamo? Because I would have thought a lot of the people interested in these bikes would also want a dynamo setup.

Or have dynamo hubs with through-axles become the standard now and I’m just behind he times?

Mine’s QR because I have two QR hubs already. The rest will be thru axle.
Apparently Schmidt does a thru-axle version of the SON SL http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/schmidt-sl.php
You might have to check with Keith about it though

It’s just a one off as Adam has 2 x SOL SL connectorless hubs.

The usual suspects of SON and SP come in a 12mm through axle option

Thanks for the information on the rotor sizing! Reiterating I was only curious about the thoughts behind it and did not mean to cast aspersions or judge!

I suspect this bike will get to see some great sights :slight_smile:

Aspersions! Subterfuge!

All good, I’ve thought of mounting a 140mm rear, no reason not to. Either option works

I’m really digging that colour a lot, if it were me I’d have orange bits and bobs all over it. This is a cool idea and seems nicely executed… bloody good team.