Kumovernighter Ride

Alright, in celebration of Kumo Cycles becoming a full time operation I am putting on an overnight ride heading out of Canberra.

We will be leaving from Garema Place in Civic at 9am, or meet at Autolyse in Braddon at 8am for breakfast.

Bring everything you need to camping, or if you want it shuttled out to the campground get it to me BEFORE Saturday the 26th.

Also bring lunch for both the Saturday and Sunday, plus snacks and plenty of water.

Supplied at the campground will be:

Dinner: Lamb and Dojo Bread, potatoes, corn and sweet potato and BEER!

Breakfast: Jaffles! Cheese, baked beans, bacon, eggs

This will be a semi-supported ride leaving on the morning of the 3rd of May, coming back on the afternoon of the 4th.
Bring your camping gear and whatever else you need for the ride, food, beer and firewood will be dropped at the campground when we get there.

Approx 110km ride out to Berlang campground along the Captains Flat road which has some gravel but not too much.

Interstaters welcome! Will be chilled/rad, we should have the campground to ourselves and it is right next to the river.

Whatever bike you want will be fine, I’m gonna ride my 650B SS.

I’m gonna ask people chip in $25 to cover food, firewood and campground hire

RSVP Here

Riders
Kumo Keith
Liam
Adam
Luke

Simon
Sean
Seb

Tamas

2nd of May is a Friday. Is that the day you meant?

Keep me updated on this one. It just depends on my hockey schedule which should be out this week.

Sounds like a rad idea Keith, at this stage I’m in, but as Bigadz says, check whether you plan the trip to be on the Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun.

Great place too, I went to the Big Hole several times with wife and kids and we always wanted to camp out there.

I’m gonna try attend this.

Yep… 3rd and 4th…

Lemontimes you’d better!

Baaaaah sounds awesome but can’t do that weekend.

I’ll drop around in truffle season :slight_smile:

I got a leave pass so I’m in

In NZ bro, otherwise…

I will also try and attend. This sounds frosty and #outdoorvibes-ey.

Rad!

Also I can put up interstater people for the night before and after too

I can no longer make it :frowning: I’ll try to get my Sunday fieldwork off.

i’ll be up against it cos travelling the week after, but will keep it on the radar/maybe even bring family out for camping there anyway and sneak off in the middle of the night for some beering

Just been informed that on the Saturday night I have a 30th to go to. A cousin of my wife who I only see if he has a kid to get christened or gets married… But, I am trying to get out of it. The start of this year has been about attending weddings (6 already), I want to do something for me and one of my resolutions for 2014 was to do an overnighter.

Hey LMNTME we can go in your new van.

I will lock this in, I can stay at my sisters too probably.

If we do a week earlier does that work for some of the people who can’t come?

Def better for me :slight_smile:

I’m not going to commit until my hockey schedule is locked and loaded. Will update as soon as it comes out :slight_smile:

I’ll be in Canberra over easter so would prefer not to go two weekends in a row, so prefer the start of may.

May is preferable but the week before is possibe