L'enjoica

hello everyone!
this is an invite to anyone who’d like to 1. test their rig for l’eroica and/or 2. get a good weekend of training in.
I’m in seymour at the moment and have found it to be the best training ground i’ve found outside of ACT. hills a plenty, next to no traffic, good food. I want to share the love of this place with a few hardy fixed.orgers.

Here’s my idea of the weekend…

Friday 17th August
come to my house or somewhere else in Seymour (I reckon I can sleep 10 at mine) anytime from 7.30pm. trains from southern cross are 6.15, 6.30, 7.30, 9.30 and 11.30pm… any of those are cool, and if you get on a late one, there’ll be a bunch of us with lights flashing to meet you at the station and guide you home… sweet.

Saturday 18th August
come to my house (if not there already) before 9am. the two trains to get are the 7.15 and 7.50am trains from southern cross.
then we ride… seymour to highlands, and long climb that undulates a little. then to yea (with a possible regroup in highlands if people get dropped) which is a fun fun fun 20km with a long descent with no nasty corners but plenty of fun ones. stop in Yea for lunch (should be there before 12.30) at marmalades, a nice place with good food and cycling friendly owner. no set menu (for the whole weekend) so you can bring your own stuff if you want to keep budget in check. Then back on bike 1.30pm ish for ride back the same way… climb back from Yea to highlands is tough, i spent 45mins straight in my 39/25 last weekend getting up it… form was bad but thats still a long time. by highlands, getting home is a matter of survival and lights would be handy. we stick it out, get home and feel like superstars as we head to either veneto blue (nice cafe/restaurant in town with good food) or KFC to smash some buckets around. whichever is grabbing us at the time. eat, drink, cyc dvd, bed. People busy in satdy but who’d like to have dinner/drinks and ride sunday can come up and meet us on any of the 5.53, 6.13 or 6.33pm trains from southern cross.

Sunday 19th August
Roll out at around 10am, head toward Tahbilk and michelton wineries. no big hills to speak of, but its not pancake flat. about 30-35km and we’re at Tahbilk, one of the oldest wineries in Vic. unreal cafe there with good coffe and food but sensational setting on the goulburn. can take a look around there too, it’s cellars are the best i’ve seen… v frenchy. then ride home, get on 4.40pm train back to melb.

Bewdiful :slight_smile: super low cost weekend, return tix cost about $15 off peak (weekends and after 6pm friday), no accom cost if numbers are low and food is up to you. so tune up the legs and bike for l’eroica or whatever!

*** some suggestions*** fixed for this weekend would be very very tough. even if you can get through it, it’ll be slow. but hey, the times i’ve given us are pretty conservative and you’ll always have someone to ride with. 100km fixed in the hills is hardcore. get strong. also, lights will be necessary, we could be late on saturday night (or past 5pm anyway). if you have a mattress for camping, bring it! If there are too many people, i’ll look into hotels, they wont be too expensive up there.

Even if its just me and me, this is going to happen, its such wicked riding. so get yourself in shape, and so will i, and see you in a few weeks!!

TRAINS MAY BE REPLACED BY BUSES, BUT BIKES CAN STILL GO UNDERNEATH… NOT AS GOOD AS TRAINS, BUT STILL GET YOU THERE… LINE WORK MAY BE FINISHED BY THEN AND TRAINS BACK ON… WILL KEEP YOU POSTED*

“Even if its just me and me”… and Me… :slight_smile:

even when you change the date…! :slight_smile:

yep… I’m in. Diary is blocked.

Hell Yeah i’m in.

Fuck just relised 18th i have a engagement party. Why do these shitty things happen when something awesom is planned?

I think i can only make it on the Sunday. Even though i so badly want to ride those hills.

Damoh, you’re not forgetting our little trip to Mt Macedon are you? :wink:

No thats the 11/12 this is the 18/19