Looks like a fixed but not really

I have a Alfine with JTEK and also a Nexus (with standard shifter). Alfine is silent and black, Nexus shifts better but silver. Jtek shifter is great, well worth the money.

evan, mate, what are you doing
i’m not sure if you noticed but the last post before you was from December 2007!
i’m sure he has sorted it all out by now
i mean really wtf?

slightly related note… my uncle brought an infinitely variable internal hub a while ago. he showed me some schematic for it and it was pretty mindblowing, but weighed a ton, and had plenty of creases to be ironed out. im pretty sure he doesnt use it any more and it now serves as a very expensive paperweight.

LOl! this is interesting!

Considered the Sturmey archer S3X? Fixed gear 3 speed… a homage to the old (and rare) ASC
Sunrace Sturmey Archer News: S3X Fixed Gear 3 Speed

Or if you use an AW you can use the old bar mount shifter which will fit on pretty much any bar configuration. I know someone who mounted the shifter on his seatpost, very clean looking. I was riding behind hime one day thinking it was a single speed until I saw his hand reach below his saddle and heard a click sound…

The old SA shifters also look kinda cool.

interested to know if this bike got built and if you put the shifter on the bullhorns - I know sturmey do a bar end shifter for their hubs. I’m currently building up a 3spd wide ratio sturmey hub with bullhorns, have bar end brakes and bought the bar shifter but may mount on the downtube, havent actually decided yet. just keen to see what other people have done in a similar fashion to what i’m currently building up.

you might find some nexus inspiration here:
Shimano