[MELB] Another Police Crackdown

There was an interesting program on RRRfm earlier this year about bike laws, the guest “bike info guy” (can’t remember his name) said you can’t loose demerit points from your car licence from bicycle infringements. If you are issued demerit points I suggest you take action to get to get your points back.

I got done in Sydney the other day for running a t junction red on my roadie… I was doing about 50 down a big hill
the fine was $56 as all the fines for bike offences are here in ‘sunny’ Sydney
hasn’t put me off doing it but I’ll have a much better look around next time…
If I wasn’t hawlling ass through em I don’t think he would have cared
sydney cops are not interested in bikes at all

Got done for no helmet the other day, i usually always wear it but it got wet in the rain and i just had to pop round the corner so didnt wear it.

ended up getting tipsy with some friends then turned left at a red set of lights and apparently there was a cop there.
Get pulled up a few meters down the road, didnt bother trying to do a runner and they kinda let me off cause they could have done me for the red, no lights and no helmet and let me pick one.
The bitch cop smashed her door into my front wheel tho :x

Don’t admit it!

I rode bmx tonight with the first person to get a new helmet fine!
He is wearing a skavenger tshirt and carrying a camera bag in that clip above.
He said he rode straight through the press release deal at fed square without knowing until it was too late.
Poor bloke.

yet you got fined.

lol

$584 fine and 3 demerit points - that’s what the paperwork said.

Given I don’t tend to lose points when driving they are a non-issue for me. The dollars are a different matter…

yeah, it doesn’t make sense for cyclists to lose demerit points, as a larger proportion of them are without car licenses anyway, and i’ve never heard of people losing demerit points before. though i think drink riding may be a different matter, but that whole issue is much debated anywy.

pretty sure that bike fines have no bearing on your driver’s license.
but just to be sure, i don’t have one