[MELB] Mean Streets!

Be there. Be Fast!

Fixed only. No brakes. No fear.

“No brakes”

c’mon! what about those who haven’t ridden fixxed long enough to be able to/want to ride the streets without brakes!!!?

Guess I should just turn up anyway for a look.

Don’t worry Mike, you can just use this flyer instead… and assure them you won’t stop for coffee:

:wink:

Ha Hah!

Nice one tiger.

God bless typos.

These races are great, sorts the wheat from the chaff. I only turn-up for the spoke cards because I’m a spoke card whore.

Just letting everyone know that 90inches does not work all that well brakeless on the streets. Makes the knees twinge a bit when stopping.

Hint; Put your aerobars on for this one. Tristan, maybe 90 inches isnt such a bad idea.

‘hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm’

spud has some inside gossip. spill the beans.

Sounds like a drag race!!!

Brings back memories of the Vic market?

‘hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm’

spud has some inside gossip. spill the beans.

Sounds like a drag race!!!

Brings back memories of the Vic market?[/quote]

It’s not inside gossip. It’s freely available information if you know who to talk to :slight_smile:

As I understand it, the course is known to everyone up front, and it’s just the fastest person to finish the course. Therefore, you don’t need to have exceptional navigation skills. You just need to ride fast without fear (or brakes)

So speak up.

Wheres the course? How far is it? etc etc?

lats

Sorry, that’s all I know. I expect you find out the course when you pay up to start.

Sounds like my kind of alley cat race. All that piss farting around with maps takes away from the riding.

Better bring your compass tristan.

There’s no comparison.

This will be much better than the hell ride :wink:

I am a gambling man.

I will put equal money on Tristan, Andy and Makatron to take it out.

You should come down for this one, plenty of time organise accom. and tickets.

You should come down for this one, plenty of time organise accom. and tickets.[/quote]

Brain is ticking…

Queens road, Albert Park, formula one… hmmmmmmmmm

Albert park… 90inches might be a go! WIth 165mm cranks so you can take the corners fast.

I race my mates on their roadies round there on 86 and its great.

Make sure you got a good lead out man!!

It starts in the middle of Nowheresville at the end of melburn citys biggest drag strip… do the math?

Rick. Macka. Andy. Delete whoever organized it, and there’s your contenders.