[MELB] Saturday Ride 17/8

Due to various non-fixed commitments, this weeks ride will start at 9:30am instead of 7:30am.

Same place as usual, corner Swanston & Elgin St Carlton.

OR…go to Carlton Espresso at 326 Lygon St from 9:30am for pre-ride coffee/hot choc/vodka/heroin/whatever.

Where you going after for coffee? What timish?

Going for an early ride on the roadie with some mates. Might swing past after if the timing is right.

Whichever way the wind blows, Lats.

I spose that means you havn’t the faintest idea

Problem with going with the wind, is you have to come back into it later.

We’ll just make Pete ride up front. It’ll be slow, but it won’t take much effort (except for Pete).

We’ll just make Pete ride up front. It’ll be slow, but it won’t take much effort (except for Pete).[/quote]

Does that mean that Petes’ “fridge like” physique is a good wind break?

Compared to me? Yes.

OK so re-reading my post again I can see how it could be read as “Pete’s fat”.

Actually, I’m referring to Pete’s ability to ignore pain.

He’s one of those freaks that just keeps going and going. And he’s got that singular riding expression so you can never tell if he’s hurting or not.

So, since he can switch the pain off, he can do more work on the front :slight_smile:

If thats the case, are you one of those random blokes that latches onto your back wheel in a headwind and try as you might you can’t shake them off, and they don’t want to swing round to the front and give you a pull?? :wink:

We had one of those kinds of blokes last saturday.
He wasn’t very happy about it when Mark turned round and said ‘Feel free to do some work’

We ended up getting him to take a turn on the front. :twisted:

If thats the case, are you one of those random blokes that latches onto your back wheel in a headwind and try as you might you can’t shake them off, and they don’t want to swing round to the front and give you a pull?? :wink:

We had one of those kinds of blokes last saturday.
He wasn’t very happy about it when Mark turned round and said ‘Feel free to do some work’

We ended up getting him to take a turn on the front. :twisted:[/quote]

No I’m the one who rides way too fast at the start, completely knackers himself and limps home in the shadow of the nearest bunch :slight_smile:

If Pete is fat what does make me, fucking obese??? (yes! answering my own question) I would make a good wind break but you’ll have to put up with me Lycra for privilage.

It worked for Eddy Mercz

Mercx.

Friday. Tiger Beer. Much appreciated Des.

No worries. Thanks for the seat post.

RE: sat’s ride …

Apologies to everyone turning up. Work commitments mean I’ll be working most of this weekend.

Des

Mercx.

Actually, Merckx (otherwise known as ‘The Cannibal’)

Bast*rds… I have no access to a computer for a few days…
finally get to catch up with the goings on of my forum friends,

and what do I find… I have the physic of a fat fridge…

Bast*rds, no more turns on the front from me… :slight_smile:

(oh, and I also missed the info on the late start to saturdays morning ride… the extra ride to Williams town and back, taking turns with myself, helped to streamline my fridge like physic…! I was so fast I even had time to fit breakfast in as well)

Pete

That donut after a 30 min session on the track this morning will help to streamline!! :wink:

1 of those giant Donut’s could feed an entire track pursuit team… for a week !

Riding bikes, eating gaint donut’s and drink beer… lifes good. :slight_smile:

Correct on both accounts! Might see you wednesday morning!!