Melbourne MTB rides

Fairly new to Melbourne and was wondering if anyone on the forum knows any good MTB rides in and around the city area, I was looking for something like the Wednesday night ride for mountain bikes.

Head into Commuter Cycles on Prentice Street, Brunswick and ask Huw about their Wednesday night rides. Disclaimer - they do hold a cracking pace. Great bike shop too.

You might also want to head over to Rotorburn forums. There’s a group on there that does fortnightly weekend rides at various spots in and around Melbourne. Might find some hidden gems riding with those guys.

seconded. while the pace might get high at the front end, nobody is left behind as there are frequent re-group spots. the average skill level is pretty varied usually. also thanks to some of the regulars claiming ‘off-season’ we have been cutting it a bit shorter/taking easier options so as to get to the post ride beer and pizza earlier.

introduce yourself to the guy on the blue/black rocky mtn… and i’ll say hi back.

Plenty of single track to ride around the Yarra trails.

I also think the store off Brunswick St in Fitzroy do weekly MTB rides and also run small dirt crits.