MTB World cup

Finn about throw down his first world cup run. I love that kid, love that whole team, tonight is gonna be awesome!!!

Where are you watching it? The redbull tv stream doesn’t start for another 2 hours

Pinkbike UCI feed results. I think he won it! French dude fastest quali didn’t register at third check… Now for the rest :slight_smile:

I assumed the red bull feed was live, guess it’s not?

http://www.redbull.tv/videos/event-stream-636/downhill-finals

says 1:15 off

Course preview, off camber section 35% or so down, 50% across?! Unbelievable.

So much carnage at Fort William! Some dudes taking some pretty big hits!

I’m going to re-watch the last ten runs tonight. Have read about Eddie’s tumbles, looking forward to seeing em. Cannot believe Minnaar pulled that off! I thought Manon was going to be a bit closer, but she was already a long way down by the time she binned it. Rachel is unbelievable.

I’ll re-watch as well…conference call it JP???

Yes! But not tonight.

Love

JP

Eddies tumbles were funny/scary
Minnaar didnt look THAT fast until you realised that his smoothness meant he WAS that fast
Great to see the podium more concerned with Gee’s health/recovery after the crash than the fact it meant Greg won/they held their spots.

World champs last night…bloody hell. What a result though, on recent form most definitely a deserved winner.

Agreed, some big names did not make it.

UCI needs to check those mondrakers for motors! :wink:

More like greenland and hart on some secret rodeo training program… those boys were so loose and fast.

the look on gwins face after the wheel detonation told the full story. not happy jan!

how about the story/rumour that ratboy is done because he is concerned about his carbon footprint from racing. (not saying that he is wrong… but its an interesting reason if true)

and chapeau to rachel atherton for her winning streak and total bossing of everything.

Yeah watching some of the slo-mo replays of those dudes showed how gnarly they were riding.

I’ve heard/read nothing more about ratboy after the comment from Claudio. The carbon footprint this is interesting. I watched the syndicate video and he got choked watching Steve Peat do his last run. Maybe it’s just that, combined with what’s been a pretty shit season etc etc.

Hopefully some people can give Rachel a push next season. The other girls are getting there. I reckon if Seagrave can stay healthy she could do it.

Yeah, was a good telly session! I reckon Miriam is right there with Rachel if both are fit and healthy… the amazing thing about her season is the lack of bad luck. Not a single puncture or mechanical or little off (that I saw, anyway) in a race run. A few slower qualis but that was it… hard to believe. She seemed tired and relived at the end of Andorra, and then this week, too, so I sort of think next season might not be the same.
And yeah, the men’s podium was pretty interesting, 1st and 2nd, little nugs getting crazy, and then third a giant making things look relatively smooth, but all of them on the same frame. Felt for Brosnan, though… His race there last year was sensational, he’s so bloody precise. Bloke who made it look easiest and tamest of all was Luca Shaw, for me. The man is a stable table.

edit, just googled height of Hart and Greenland. 1.78m Hart, 1.69 Greenland. I thought they were both about what Greenland is. Will believe Danny’s height when I see him in a line up.

Rach has had back and shoulder issues lately apparently (and her shoulder was super taped up at worlds, not as bad as Loics though) but not only is she a hardnut but i reckon those trek $$s come with some excellent access to quality medical support to help with that. No doubt she has had some amazing luck, but her times and commitment put her in the hot seat. Her comments in [video]Mountain Bike News, Photos, Videos & Events | Pinkbike make me think that she might lack some of the drive/spark next year leaving a little room for some others to rattle her a bit.

I reckon Danny just seems small because he still kinda looks like he is 15 years old and getting his first facial hair.

Pretty disappointing to hear Rob Warner say of Danny Hart “4 in a row. And 3 World Cups and a World Champs. First time that’s ever happened in mountain biking”. Pretty sure Rachel just rode a perfect season, mate.

Didn’t hear that… Classic warner :frowning: :expressionless:

was he the one who rachel corrected publicly on FB a month or so ago…? or was that claudio…

I think it was kinda both of them last time.