MTB World cup

Nope, but not too far off… Atherton is just so bloody good! So much power, but on a course like this, she has the skills and courage to stick to everyone else one more time. Awesome

yeah, Atherton again. I was cheering for Nicole, she is coming back from injury and getting faster and stronger.
My pick wasn’t close on the men (Vergier). Not sure what Bruni has to do, he had a great run.

Brosnan was on a blinder! Vergier had a good crack though, and yeah Bruni seems to need more power or something… Wizard through the more trchy stuff but seems to get overpowered in the pedally bits? I dunno, but that was some very good viewing!

I see Brosnan broke a finger in a mishap near the top of his run.
Makes his placing more impressive.

The ladies race is awesome.

Schedule for the World CHamps this weekend.

http://vallnordworldchampionships.com/en/program-2015/schedule/

Redbull.tv schedule as follows:

Elite Women’s Cross Country Final: Saturday, September 5 at 7.50pm EST

Elite Men’s Cross Country Final: Saturday, September 5 at 10.20pm EST

Downhill Finals: Sunday, September 6 at 8.25pm EST

No Steve Peat, first time in 24years.

Watched the XCE where PVP got cutoff by the Italian and slammed into the tree and then watched the Italian repeat his chopping skills on the German rider who was ropeable.

Dodgy!

Hey, Ferrand-Prevot has a pretty decent shot at holding the rainbow stripes in XC, CX and road all at once. Is that right? Or has there been a world champs recently where she lost one of the jerseys? Even Vos was miles away from being able to do that.

Rachel Atherton up by 19 seconds in timed practice.
I was hoping Manon Carpenter would be closer.

PFP!! Holy shit… she can do it

That was dominating from PFP.

3 UCI world titles so far this year, how many more can she get?

Man, she looked so good. Started to look a bit ragged on the last lap and a half, but got through that off-camber section on the last lap which was bloody awesome. Now to try and stay up for the men

So, same course for men and women yeah?

But top 5 men are riding dualies and 4/5 of top women riding hard tails.

Thoughts? Just sponsorship deals?

also, how euro-centric is XC MTB! not a non-euro in the top 30 odd

I dunno… Strange to see Pendrel on a HT after being on a duallie all season. I dont think there is heaps to split the bikes at this level to be honest. And yep, same course, and same distance! And women had it wetter and slicker… theirs was a tough race.

ha! and Bart just answered your Q, men go faster and need duallies. I dunno though, theyre not lapping that much faster than the 14:20 that PFP did in the team relay.

No spoilage for those who are yet to watch the replay, but that is a great top 3 in the men’s D/H.

Can’t say I’m disappointed with the top ten in the men’s DH either.

And as for the women’s, happy as.

Not World Cup, but Rampage.
Claudio’s preview (how most mortals would feel)

Excellent.