near misses

When I was in denmark I was riding along a dedicated bike lane in the snow, a moped skipped the curb to beat traffic, clipped me, knocked me off and rode away without turning around…at least it was a piece of shit bike that I got for free.

hey is that Jackson Mcrae?
if so, I’m doing mtb at milgrove next week so won’t be at school

Same this happened to me this morning. A bloke in a van decided not to check his mirrors or put an indicator on before he decided to pull into a petrol station.

Luckily there was a driveway I could ride up to get off the road and veer infront of him on the footpath.

some people are just idiots and don’t respect cyclist at all :x

My near miss was with a big f’n black snake laying across the bike path in Bundoora. As it was laying just around a blind bend I didnt have a chance to stop so I went around what I thought was the tail end, only to quickly realise it was the head that I just skirted around. Scared the shit out of me and nearly sent me into the creek.

Time for a thread revival I think.

A big “Happy Straya Day” to the stupid wannabe gangster f*ckwit, in the piece of shit late 80’s Mercedes, who just tried to run me off Brunswick Rd 10 mins ago.
I didn’t have my lock on me, otherwise it would have gone through your side window.

If i ever see your car again, i’m going to torch it

I didn’t even know this thread existed.
Hope you’re not too shaken up ellepea.
I had a near miss this morning too.
One of those BMW 3 series with windows tinted so dark you could drive the car directly at the sun and never even blink.
Anyway, riding down Racecourse Rd just before Flemington rd, and the guy revs up behind me, swerves around me only inches from my wheels, cuts me off while slamming his brakes, and then proceeds to throw a maccas coke at me.
I wasn’t even thirsty.
He got a punched left rearview mirror before I hightailed it across the road and up the back of my house.

Australia Day really brings us all together.

Preemptive strike.

Glad you two boys made it through ok.

maybe that was the motobecane that I wanted a few months ago.
that thing was beautiful

I towed a girl on roller blades 15 km yesterday whilst riding.
We had a fair number of near misses with stunned pedestrians doing “rabbit in the headlights” when they saw us.

The number of rats tails, bleached blonde hair and flags was very high; one gentlemen shouted at me “Nice shoes, do they come in mens?”.

Australia day seems to have been pretty eventful

'Straya Day brings out the worst in people, but xmas isn’t far behind. I almost got crushed at some traffic lights when a woman in VW decided she wanted to change lanes on a red light. I was thumping on her window as she continued to force me into parked cars. Later that day I almost got hit by a car, who then went on to smash three rear-view mirrors right in front of me without stopping.

Fingers crossed that’s my lot for a while.

I would’ve yelled at you too. Something like “hey napoleon, give me one of your tots!”

I got, like, two feet of air on that one!

I had to google that. I thought it was an historical quote that I didn’t understand.

(was thinking Bonaparte, not Dynamite)

I would have thrown a steak in his face

Riding down collins today on the way to work and someone cut across the lane in front of me to get into a park. Flicked his indicator on as he was cutting in front of me.
Least I didn’t get clipped etc!

Oh I think I spotted you coming down Brunswick St, looked like fun!

Fucken, last three jobbies of the day so I’m fanging around to knock them out, I’m going along the bike line opposite 101 Collins, and there’s a car stopped there at the ped crossing, the peds clear and i just keep flying along in the bike lane when some dumb chick chucks open her car door into the bike lane, my head is like, “fuck, 3rd car dooring wooo” but i narrowly avoid it and all the door hits is the ratchet on my brand new Time MTB shoes, first day working in em! Snaps the ratchet right off.

It’s one of those little things I can never be fucked finding, ordering and waiting for. Like the hangar for my 'nago, that’s why it’s still sitting in my shed.

Whole thing could’ve been alot worse though.

at least no one tried to kick you bike out from underneath you like what happened to the german today

ahah, that was awesome.

for those at home, the german, anselm, one of the kings boys was riding and some dude tried to kick his bike from underneath him or something, funny party was anselm holding down his button on his radio so we could all listen in to the fight